carbon tax prices

hi guys, just want to know what companies are now charging for refrigerant in australia. i work for myself mainly large commercial work. This increase is crazy.
    iam thinking of

r404a $150>$180
    r134a $75
    r410a $100>$110

i know we all work to make money, but how can will charge out these crazy prices to our customers. i heard woolworths has brought a tone of r404a and are stock piling. i dont want to know your business names or states just what everyone is thinking of charging. i saw a tech today at the wholesalers buy a 8kg of R404a for $1300. I think this goverment has had a very big mistake and people will go broke out of warrantys and major gas leaks. Finaly lock up your vans!

Re: carbon tax prices

suppliers who sell to end users, are the scum in this industry respectfully suggest all techs ban the suppliers who do that, and make it clear plus advise all and every tech company. Are the supply companies likely to do service calls 24/7 and underwrite your overheads etc.., Called shooting themselves in the foot. Same could be said about Julia Gillard and the carbon tax.

Hi Magoo
    Couldn't agree more.
    The price of refrigerants is going to cause a lot of problems regarding security in vans and on some sites.
    I think we will see news stories about thefts of refrigerants.
    Paul

It's nuts,

We look after alot of smaller supermarkets and had to tell them if one of the systems drop 10kg of R404a the price will go up from $770.00 to nearly $4000.00!!!. That has to be surely paseed onto the poor old shopper (me included).

Nick.
    If I can make more than my wife can spend in a day, that's a good day....

how many oz dollars to the pound sterling ,you guys are being ripped off big time before the carbon tax!

4000 aud equates to about 2600 gbp,that cannot be right for 10 kgs of 404a unless i am missing something forget drug dealing refrigerant dealing/smuggling is the future.

Quote Originally Posted by cadwaladr View Post
    4000 aud equates to about 2600 gbp,that cannot be right for 10 kgs of 404a unless i am missing something forget drug dealing refrigerant dealing/smuggling is the future.
    Your conversion from AUD to Pounds is spot on.
    Australian carbon tax on the world wide refrigerants is now a reality here. As i have said in a previously posted thread, AUD $380 list price, per KG for R404a, and R507 now makes it way too expensive to quote on new installs using this gas.
    This is the only Country inthe world that is now turning this trade into a flying circus. FFS!!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

It is correct, $3650 Australian for 10kg r404a (list price). The whiff in the gauge lines is probably worth 5 bucks!!

so is oz a nett importer it does not make refrigerants? and our bankers are corrupt?

looks like i will have to purchase a leak detector.
    Mouth is dry (no spit) and going deaf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

d tec select,works for me

wooleybull Guest

We just installed two racks on 404 cost us aprox $30k, aprox cost now $100k.

Ammonia and CO2 are looking pretty good when you look at the prices of refrigerants like 404 and 507.
    I bet a lot of new small coldstores will be built using ammonia and maybe some of the older ones on 404 or 507 might get converted.
    If a client has 1000 kgs of 404 and looses the lot due to a major leak it will cost a fortune to replace, how do these customers pay that bill, will have to get another bank loan.
    NOT HAPPY JAN, our present government didn't think this one through very well, opps silly me what am I saying, when do they ever think anything through properly.
    Paul

Hey guys i do lot of work on big commercial industrial chillers some of those will hold up 700 kgs of R134a which has gone through the roof and the mandatory 15% price increase every year. plus upgrades in security for wholesalers and importers which put the price up. trane rtac 375 holds 180 kg x $175 list price of R134a = 31500 for a gas leak. Its good that they can charge a tax on something that has not done anything and is in the bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Magoo View Post
    suppliers who sell to end users, are the scum in this industry respectfully suggest all techs ban the suppliers who do that, and make it clear plus advise all and every tech company. Are the supply companies likely to do service calls 24/7 and underwrite your overheads etc.., Called shooting themselves in the foot. Same could be said about Julia Gillard and the carbon tax.
    Customer of mine has just purchased 1 pallet of R404a from BOC NZ
    Didnt ask us for price HMMmmmm perhaps 2 oclock in the morning they might like give BOC a ring to put it in themselves and cover their own warranty,
    Thanks BOC your the greatest youve just lost my buisness see u next week when i return all my rental cylinders, would recommend that all BOC customers go to air liquide at least they do not sell refrigerant to the end user at heavily discounted rate

Woah woah woah!
    Do not say these prices are because of the carbon tax!
    Even though the ACC will do stuff all with regards to government policies or wholesalers prices, they will **** your **** up if you dare tell people refrigerants are 3 - 4x the price as of 1st July due to the 'carbon tax'.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-07-2...claims/4154206

ETS coming to a kiwi near you. Going to be in the same boat as you Aussies. I understand a few of your wholesalers are under the spotlight over this with large price increases under the carbon tax thing.

Quote Originally Posted by wooleybull View Post
    We just installed two racks on 404 cost us aprox $30k, aprox cost now $100k.
    Wow!!!! I was just reading this thread and almost dropped my Beer! I feel for you guys.

Hi DUDE
    Here, to add insult to injury we also have to have a "users licence " another indirect tax at $ 400 ish for the privilage to purchase and use refrigerants. Australia has the Artic licence system in place already. Add electrical licence and associated costs, add Health & Safety training costs, add carbo taxes of refrigerants. At my age I have been doing it for forty plus years, what has changed. Probably about time to walk away and retire. Clients bark at labour rate charges, if only they could understand half of it.
    Grump

Quote Originally Posted by Magoo View Post
    Hi DUDE
    Here, to add insult to injury we also have to have a "users licence " another indirect tax at $ 400 ish for the privilage to purchase and use refrigerants. Australia has the Artic licence system in place already. Add electrical licence and associated costs, add Health & Safety training costs, add carbo taxes of refrigerants. At my age I have been doing it for forty plus years, what has changed. Probably about time to walk away and retire. Clients bark at labour rate charges, if only they could understand half of it.
    Grump
    Sorry to hear it! Everything you mentioned makes my Blood Boil. I Despise Politicians and Lawyers. If I had to guess when these Laws were made they didnt consult with people in the Trade...or didnt listen to people with Practical input.