Hey guys. I have basically all of my hours towards my apprenticeship here in British Columbia, but the vast majority of my experience has been in commercial HVAC. Im certain that most of you would agree that there is a significant difference between an HVAC guy and a true refrigeration mechanic. I have been fortunate enough to get an opportunity to get into the refrigeration side of things and am super excited to learn all that I can. I can't wait to get my hands on all of the different types of equipment that until now I only had a chance to read about it books and hear about in school.

All that being said, I feel as though throughout my years in HVAC I was able to excel and be a good technician because of my large appetite for knowledge and a constant need to be absorbing as much info as possible. The problem that I'm finding NOW is that there is either a clear and obvious difference in the resources available between HVAC and refrigeration stuff, or I just simply don't know where to look yet (I sincerely hope that the latter is true).

I am a current member of RSES and am aware of all of the S.A.M books available, as well as there books regarding refrigeration theory and principles, but what I am more interested in getting my hands on are more equipment specific resources. Basically anything in the medium and low temp categories from chillers to coolers and freezers, to dairy tanks and the plate style refrigeration systems they use, to any of the various non-hermetic style larger refrigeration equipment out there.

I realize that I have been less than specific and have pretty much covered what about 10-12 guys could spend a lifetime collectively learning, but aside from the Canadian apprenticeship program and RSES, Im finding it rather difficult to find good resources for learning.

Any feedback from anyone would be just awesome and I thank everyone in advance for any and all help.