Veg/Meat Preperation Rooms Cooling Load

Hello all, new to the forum and entering with (i hope) a fairly basic query. Been a long time since I've done any refrigeration calcs in earnest (was also during uni days so doesn't really count in the real world! :P) and looking for a bit of guidance.

Job is basically to produce two rooms held at 12 deg C (plus or minus a few degrees is no great problem). These are meat and veg preperation rooms located within a working commercial kitchen. I'm struggling to remember all the things I need to consider, and expecially how to factor in replacement fresh air. Also making I think far too many assumptions!!

What I have so far....

Each room is identical in size (2.8m x 3.5m x 2.4m), each with two external walls (u-value 0.45), two internal walls (u-value 0.2) which are adjacent to a working kitchen (assumed to be 35 deg C, 75% RH). Ceiling will aso be u-value 0.2. Entry to space is through 'cold stop' curtains (u-value 0.67)

Internal gains come from equip (roughly 1kW), 1 person and 4 36 w lights.

Cooling load for air/vent requirement is stumping though, especially with how to factor in the 'cold stop' curtain door.

Any guidance is hugely appreciated, and please be gentle - its been a while since all these words were part of my vocabulary!

NB Location is on Scotland also, so no hugely hot days to contend with!!

Re: Veg/Meat Preperation Rooms Cooling Load

Install 2 to 3 kW/chamber, ceiling evaporator, low speed fans, 2 side blowing. No worth calculating that much fo such a small room. This will be the smallest evaporators you will find.
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.