Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    england
    Age
    39
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    12

    help please with daikin unit



    Hi , I am replacing a old daikin r22 system for a new r410a unit. On the front of the old unit is a box that cuts the power to the main contactor from a frequency signal. I'm not sure if it is on a time clock or connected to the fire alarm. I'm not sure how to wire it into the new unit.

    old unit R250F7W1

    new unit RZQ250C7Y1B

    It has 4 wires

    1 live
    2 neutral
    3+4 on the old unit pink wire was cut (from PCB to the live on the contactor)

    http://





  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    manchester
    Age
    44
    Posts
    5,707
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: help please with daikin unit

    if in doubt leave it out- as daikin would invalidate any warranty- intelligent energy kit is usually surge absorbers.
    but ive searched online and cannt find any info on your lil black box

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    ireland
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,290
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: help please with daikin unit

    I doubt that was a Daikin part, more likely time clock to cut unit out at night. Listen to the wise monkey and leave it out.

    al
    Mostly found in the southern part of this green and pleasant land.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    manchester
    Age
    44
    Posts
    5,707
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: help please with daikin unit

    monkeyspanners hasnt posted!
    Quote Originally Posted by al View Post
    I doubt that was a Daikin part, more likely time clock to cut unit out at night. Listen to the wise monkey and leave it out.

    al

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    manchester
    Age
    44
    Posts
    5,707
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: help please with daikin unit

    i remember old daikin vrvs- r22 destroyed emselves if they had a loose/bad neutral- so possibly a single phase moniter to stop the unit if it happened- new vrv's have phase detection built in so no need- i tried searching for the phone number/company/product code and nothing.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    england
    Age
    39
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: help please with daikin unit

    Thanks for the replies. As said I will just leave it off.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Nottingham UK
    Posts
    5,121
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: help please with daikin unit

    Quote Originally Posted by install monkey View Post
    i remember old daikin vrvs- r22 destroyed emselves if they had a loose/bad neutral- so possibly a single phase moniter to stop the unit if it happened- new vrv's have phase detection built in so no need- i tried searching for the phone number/company/product code and nothing.
    IM.......the R250 is a basic condensing unit, not a VRV....you been on the Harvest Pale

    I would ask the client why he had it fitted and if he want's the modern equivelant fitting to the new unit....if not, just leave it out.

    As you say, it was disconnected anyway.
    I'm back on the Pale

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    england
    Age
    39
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: help please with daikin unit

    The unit is in a large leisure center and nobody seems to know much about the place. I am going to leave it inside the new unit incase something is said. It was connected but have no way of knowing if it works or what controls it. thanks for the help.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    manchester
    Age
    44
    Posts
    5,707
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: help please with daikin unit

    the 1st style vrvs r22 g series with 6yellow leds that told you the frequency /loading of the system- same r250
    see page 4 of the link
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?jqrsa5m3zd1cp0p

    case different guts- dont do harvest pale/bitters/real ale- unfortunatly im supping carlsberg
    Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    IM.......the R250 is a basic condensing unit, not a VRV....you been on the Harvest Pale

    I would ask the client why he had it fitted and if he want's the modern equivelant fitting to the new unit....if not, just leave it out.

    As you say, it was disconnected anyway.
    Last edited by install monkey; 25-06-2012 at 09:11 PM. Reason: forgot to mention the series

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Nottingham UK
    Posts
    5,121
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: help please with daikin unit

    Quote Originally Posted by install monkey View Post
    the 1st style vrvs r22 g series with 6yellow leds that told you the frequency /loading of the system- same r250
    see page 4 of the link
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?jqrsa5m3zd1cp0p
    case different guts- dont do harvest pale/bitters/real ale- unfortunatly im supping carlsberg
    Carlsberg......aaarrrgggghhhhhhhh

    Fail to see the link you refer to on page 4?

    R250 is not VRV?

    Daikin R series on R22 are condensing units, not VRV, and do not have inverter technology. 2 x standard full speed compressors and simple pcb's.

    Carlsberg......aaarrrgggghhhhhhhh lol
    I'm back on the Pale

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    manchester
    Age
    44
    Posts
    5,707
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: help please with daikin unit

    as you say frank ry250's were single compressor direct on line r22 25kw heatpumps- same as the panasonic urban range (cu250h1hpp)-need to go out more! haha- but i was referring to the r22 vrvs rsxy10g same body- 2 compressors vrv-25hp heatpumps- used to throw a wobbler if it had a bad neutral- a lot of the abbey nationals used to have them if the carrier rep didnt flog em a vav system ducted rooftop with actuators on the ducts and bypass dampers an daft controllers that no body knew how to set- james 10 will remember them-oops nearly forgot the manual as proof
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?5o6trn3t9naa7ft

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    ZA
    Posts
    157
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: help please with daikin unit

    That unit is a power company unit to reduce load during peak power use times I think. Most likely it disconnected the compressor control signal during peak power periods ( 6-10AM, 3-8PM) to reduce demand. Probably was done to reduce the centre power demand, as it is council owned.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •