help please with daikin unit

Hi , I am replacing a old daikin r22 system for a new r410a unit. On the front of the old unit is a box that cuts the power to the main contactor from a frequency signal. I'm not sure if it is on a time clock or connected to the fire alarm. I'm not sure how to wire it into the new unit.

old unit R250F7W1

new unit RZQ250C7Y1B

It has 4 wires

1 live
    2 neutral
    3+4 on the old unit pink wire was cut (from PCB to the live on the contactor)

http://

Re: help please with daikin unit

if in doubt leave it out- as daikin would invalidate any warranty- intelligent energy kit is usually surge absorbers.
    but ive searched online and cannt find any info on your lil black box

I doubt that was a Daikin part, more likely time clock to cut unit out at night. Listen to the wise monkey and leave it out.

al
    Mostly found in the southern part of this green and pleasant land.

monkeyspanners hasnt posted!
    Quote Originally Posted by al View Post
    I doubt that was a Daikin part, more likely time clock to cut unit out at night. Listen to the wise monkey and leave it out.

al

i remember old daikin vrvs- r22 destroyed emselves if they had a loose/bad neutral- so possibly a single phase moniter to stop the unit if it happened- new vrv's have phase detection built in so no need- i tried searching for the phone number/company/product code and nothing.

Thanks for the replies. As said I will just leave it off.

Quote Originally Posted by install monkey View Post
    i remember old daikin vrvs- r22 destroyed emselves if they had a loose/bad neutral- so possibly a single phase moniter to stop the unit if it happened- new vrv's have phase detection built in so no need- i tried searching for the phone number/company/product code and nothing.
    IM.......the R250 is a basic condensing unit, not a VRV....you been on the Harvest Pale

I would ask the client why he had it fitted and if he want's the modern equivelant fitting to the new unit....if not, just leave it out.

As you say, it was disconnected anyway.

The unit is in a large leisure center and nobody seems to know much about the place. I am going to leave it inside the new unit incase something is said. It was connected but have no way of knowing if it works or what controls it. thanks for the help.

the 1st style vrvs r22 g series with 6yellow leds that told you the frequency /loading of the system- same r250
    see page 4 of the link
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?jqrsa5m3zd1cp0p

case different guts- dont do harvest pale/bitters/real ale- unfortunatly im supping carlsberg
    Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    IM.......the R250 is a basic condensing unit, not a VRV....you been on the Harvest Pale

I would ask the client why he had it fitted and if he want's the modern equivelant fitting to the new unit....if not, just leave it out.

As you say, it was disconnected anyway.
    Last edited by install monkey; 25-06-2012 at 09:11 PM. Reason: forgot to mention the series

Quote Originally Posted by install monkey View Post
    the 1st style vrvs r22 g series with 6yellow leds that told you the frequency /loading of the system- same r250
    see page 4 of the link
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?jqrsa5m3zd1cp0p
    case different guts- dont do harvest pale/bitters/real ale- unfortunatly im supping carlsberg
    Carlsberg......aaarrrgggghhhhhhhh

Fail to see the link you refer to on page 4?

R250 is not VRV?

Daikin R series on R22 are condensing units, not VRV, and do not have inverter technology. 2 x standard full speed compressors and simple pcb's.

Carlsberg......aaarrrgggghhhhhhhh lol

as you say frank ry250's were single compressor direct on line r22 25kw heatpumps- same as the panasonic urban range (cu250h1hpp)-need to go out more! haha- but i was referring to the r22 vrvs rsxy10g same body- 2 compressors vrv-25hp heatpumps- used to throw a wobbler if it had a bad neutral- a lot of the abbey nationals used to have them if the carrier rep didnt flog em a vav system ducted rooftop with actuators on the ducts and bypass dampers an daft controllers that no body knew how to set- james 10 will remember them-oops nearly forgot the manual as proof
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?5o6trn3t9naa7ft

That unit is a power company unit to reduce load during peak power use times I think. Most likely it disconnected the compressor control signal during peak power periods ( 6-10AM, 3-8PM) to reduce demand. Probably was done to reduce the centre power demand, as it is council owned.