Thread: gas gobbler

gas gobbler

Hi All, I have a customer witha serve over, no idea what make as it is a custom built unit by Dollar Rae. R404A I think, Kirby/Heatcraft AE 9mg2 comp, initially cut out on LP so I screwed it down to get it running, 10psi LS 200psi HS sight glass empty, I added a sniff of gas and sight glass fills but empties again once the gauge valve is shut, Solenoid valve sounds like its working ok, so Am I looking at the TEV or going by the fact that there is no little or no suction side return pressure may it be the suction side of the comp has failed,
    Dev

Amamamamaman......

Psychic Viking says drier is blocked!

Seriously, we need a lot more info.
    Accurate hp and lp readings, subcooling and superheat, ambient and cabinet temperatures would be a good start.
    Is there any drop in temperature on the liquid line between the condensor and the TEV?

Re: gas gobbler

I will try, a faulty TXV, lost the charge.

Re: gas gobbler

Blocked every bloody thing, filter, tev, evap full of oil, bits of stringy PTFE tape looks as if the machine has worms, pink oil?? I thought I sliced by hand on evap fins looked like drops of blood, and a honeywell tev with a 0.5 orifice ?? need to get a Danfoss or Teddy equivalent, HO Hum
    Dev