Apollo Ice Maker

Hi guys got called out to an apollo ice maker yesterday model is a AICM20. Its a little one and looks pretty similar inside to an icematic but they have a pcb instead of mechanical controls, have not worked on one before so hopefully someone here can explain the control side of the problem. The problem is that the plastic tray or tank where the ice is formed is simply not being kept up in position so after a harvest when the water inlet opens to fill it with water once it gets half full it simply swings down and drops all the water?? When the machine does a defrost the motor swings it down to drop the ice and brings it back up fine but as soon as it has any weight(water) inside of it it just drops?, is the motor supposed to keep in place or is there another component which locks it in place? all that is attached to it is the motor as far as i can see, there is also a sensor beside it as well. Sorry for the non technical explanation, any advice ill be great, thanks!!!!

Re: Apollo Ice Maker

Is the arm/wheel which holds it up loose,sometimes a grub screw to tighten,not absolutely sure but ding dongs bit of a bell!
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving” Einstein

check whatever tells it that the ice is made think they have a magnetic sensor on end of the agitator

Hi Northdude, if its the machine i'm thinking of then i would check the nut on the end of the tilt pan motor shaft. The shaft is tapered and it relys on the nut being tight to hold the tilt pan in place.

Hi. I think i know the machine. I bet youll find the dump cam (big plastic wheel that dumps water and ice (hopefully)) is slipping on its shaft. G Cook was right bout it. unfortunatly not much can be done cept change the cam. The plastic around the shaft has stretched and will continue to slip. Tightening the retaining nut will keep it going for a while but wont last. Hope this helps.

have you got this machine working yet,i have to look at one next week which is giving no ice problem