Unhappy Daikin Rsey10gk7w1 problem in cooling mode

HI,
    I am having major issues with an old Daikin R 22 vrv.
    The initial problem was that although excellent in heating mode on all 8 indoor fan coils the system failed to cool at all. (air off coil approx 24 degree.) The condenser is running like its working fine and outlet pipe temps are good. I tried my valve puller on the 4 way valve and a couple of times the system went into cooling and did a gret job only to die off again after a day or 2. i therefor changed said 4 way valve and head but the vrv is suffering with exactly the same problem now. There is frost forming on the pipe between the accumulator and inverter compressor. Any ideas people?

Re: Daikin Rsey10gk7w1 problem in cooling mode

further to my above post i have noticed that if the vrv is run in heating first for a time then swapped to cooling it will cool fine. Seems to need that inititial kick up the bum from heating! ive checked nd both 4 way valves are energinsed in full cooling and pressures are great. But it just keeps fading away after 24 hours or so?????

Re: Daikin Rsey10gk7w1 problem in cooling mode

Had a blocked strainer on the suction pipe which was causing all sorts of issues (previous company had changed the 4 way valve twice before we got involved) Just wouldn't go onto cooling properly I wasted a day faffing around and thought it best to pass it up the food chain.

. I contacted Del grover and he scratched his head but sussed it in under an hour.(I didn't even know there was a strainer there so there would have been no chance I would have found it in a month of sundays)

I would call either him or Sibby and let them sort it as getting a checker is one thing -understanding it to the level required is something else
    Last edited by r.bartlett; 17-07-2012 at 02:30 PM.