Threaded View

Re: k20 Ignis Blizzard icemaker issue with not starting

Splendid idea. About the test. I found out though on the new capillar I have here. It has a dent in it. On the tip of the capillar which was attached to the plate. Maybe I overscrew it when installing. Seeing copper bends in.

Does this affect the pressure in the capillar?

We do have a small fridge with a small freezer section inside. But i think it will or will hardly go to -8 so easy?

The big freezer we have outside I can use too. But i think i wont touch that one as it dont belongs to us.

The small one I have 100% access too.

But to test if it goes under -8 to try your test to trigger. I need to check for a cheap thermometer. To measure the thermometer over time.

If it is going under -8 to -15C it is worth testing it.

A new thermostat was ordered but it was send to the wrong country. So more setbacks. I need to get my money back and see if I can get a new one to ship. But in the meantime is worth testing it that way you described.

Changing the compressor is not an option. It was working fine before as I said, so I doubt that is the problem.

I even kept a timetable it made ice:

cycle (time spend)

0:49
    0:51
    0:55
    0:53

These are the cycles so far I had when it worked. But this is in The Netherlands. Where the ambient temperature is much more colder then here in the Caribbean.
    Last edited by xbox40489; 08-04-2013 at 06:10 AM.