advansor co2 pack liquid line filters

Has anyone replaced the liquid line filters on the advansor co2 packs?

I have worked on these packs several times but never replaced these filters. From the advansor diagram they are located on the left hand side of the reciever.

From what i am led to believe they are not like your normal liquid line core drier they are more like a cone shaped strainer.

your only as good as your last job

Re: advansor co2 pack liquid line filters

Quote Originally Posted by cold.man View Post

I have worked on these packs several times but never replaced these filters. From the advansor diagram they are located on the left hand side of the reciever.

From what i am led to believe they are not like your normal liquid line core drier they are more like a cone shaped strainer.
    I might be totaly wrong on this but I thought they were standard filter cores?

untitled.JPG

If in doubt contact Torben Hansen at

http://www.advansor.dk/en/kontakt/

Regards

Rob

standard drier cores.

I have located this filter on the blown up diagram on the advansor website and email them for more information.

From what i can see it is after the gas coler and before the ICMT (HPEV).
    Last edited by cold.man; 13-06-2012 at 10:45 PM.

There are three sets of filters on an Advansor pack:
    1, In the gas cooler return line before the ICMT valve.
    2, In the liquid line after the main liquid line isolation valve.
    3, In the MT suction line before the compressors.

Filter Number 1 is to prevent debris from the gas cooler build affecting the ICMT, it is in a housing that is angled at 45degrees to the line and is a tubular basket fine gauze filter.
    Filter number 2 is to catch any debris from the receiver and prevent it entering the liquid line, this is the same type as filter number 1!
    Filter number 3 is the standard drier core body with drier cores installed and is to dehydrate the system refrigerant, it is installed in the MT suction vapour return line as it is nigh on impossible to remove H2O from liquid CO2!

Hope this helps! regards,
    Mel.

As an extra thought, make sure you have spare PTFE seals if you decide to strip one of these filters for cleaning as they do tend to catch as you put them back in and then will not reseal, BE WARNED!!!!!!!

cheers silhouette

filter no 2 is the one i was talking about before the ICMT valve after the gas cooler.
    have you replaced this filter before?
    I have been led to believe that this filter requires replacing approx 3 months to 6 months after installation due to the steel pipework on the gascooler they can get blocked with a brown sludge.
    Have you come across this problem?

regards

Hi Cold.man,
    You do not change this type of filter you clean it! The filter is a steel mesh basket which can become blocked with debris from the gas cooler build, you will need to contact Space Engineerings pack build dept, they are the licenced Advansor supplier, and order a new seal for this filter. once you have the new seal you will need to turn off the pack and drain the gas cooler before cleaning the filter, it is not a short time scale job so the store will need to demerchandise any fixtures attached to the pack!
    I have had issues with the liquid line filter but not the gas cooler return one, but I usually leave site after the store opens/relaunches and do not see any consequential issues unless called back by the relevant service provider!
    Are you having a problem that you think is caused by a blocked filter?
    Mel.

I thought I had heard that filters and strainers were to be removed as there had been various issues on sites with blockages?

Can I ask why there have been no isolation valves fitted on these packs?

hi silhouette

No had no problem just good to know they are there for future reference. I have heard from other engineers in the past they have had the occassional problems of the ICMT valve sticking.
    When this has happened they have lost gas from the HP PRV.
    Myself i have not come across this problem but if i did i would consider checking the strainer between the gas cooler and the ICMT valve.
    When they have had problems with the ICMT the CMT ( ETS ) valve has been dumping vapour from the receiver but they have still lost gas from the PRV.
    They informed me they powered down the ICMT valve and powered it back up but i would expect the problem to be a little deeper than that to be honest.
    As CJG21 has said about removing strainers and filters, I would not expect them to be removed but replaced after say 6 months of running after a new installation and possibly replaced every say 12 months there on.
    When you say the strainer can become blocked from the gas cooler do you know whether the companies installing these packs run the pack for a left of time and then clean these stainers or do they just do it if a problem occurs during the proving period..
    I would guess the answer is no....but you may suprise me?

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by CJG21 View Post
    I thought I had heard that filters and strainers were to be removed as there had been various issues on sites with blockages?

Can I ask why there have been no isolation valves fitted on these packs?
    One big reason I can think of is, they don't like the idea of somone being able
    to trap liquid C02 in a section of pipe with no means of safe release.

Liquid C02 expands at a heck of a rate when warmed up.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by cold.man View Post

I have an electronic copy of the operation and instalation manual.

If you want a copy PM me your email address and
    I'll send it to you. It does include information about filters.

Regards

Rob