Thread: Lg s09acp

Lg s09acp

I just know that someone will tell me to fit new, or whatever!!

Been to a shop (I know, I know - domestic unit in a shop, blah, blah) with an LG S09ACP (AC-C0964DMO).
    Switch on via remote control - on/off led illuminated - ok. Outdoor unit led does not light, and thus out door unit not energised, no matter how long you wait!
    However, push the On/Off button on interior unit for approx 2 secs and exterior unit is energised.

Start from scratch. Power off, and repower-up. Same thing - on/off illuminated, but no exterior unit. Power off and restart. Try again using only the button. Same thing - on/off led, but no exterior unit until On/Off button held for approx 2 secs!

Any ideas...............

en boca cerrada no entran moscas

Re: Lg s09acp

Dodgy IR receiver? I can't imagine it would be anything else if the unit works fine when pressing on/off button.
    It's LG so if you can get one or not is anyones guess!

J

pushing the emergency button on the indoor-initiates auto 24 low fan setpoint.
    has the controller been dropped? are batteries ok?[
    tip to test the controller- get a radio with an external ariel- select mw on the wave band- make sure you can hear static crackle- point remote at the ariel- (close) and press each button-mode,fan speed,swing etc each button press should hear a crack of static if thr button works.Q
    try a universal remote controller from climate ctr- just to ensure it is the reciever pcb goosed- check the cable connection onto the pcb, check no signs of corrosion/saline from drip tray overflowing-good luck
    QUOTE=aircon50;260378]I just know that someone will tell me to fit new, or whatever!!

Been to a shop (I know, I know - domestic unit in a shop, blah, blah) with an LG S09ACP (AC-C0964DMO).
    Switch on via remote control - on/off led illuminated - ok. Outdoor unit led does not light, and thus out door unit not energised, no matter how long you wait!
    However, push the On/Off button on interior unit for approx 2 secs and exterior unit is energised.

Start from scratch. Power off, and repower-up. Same thing - on/off illuminated, but no exterior unit. Power off and restart. Try again using only the button. Same thing - on/off led, but no exterior unit until On/Off button held for approx 2 secs!

Any ideas...............[/QUOTE]

Fit a new one or whatever !!!
    Cheers
    Stu
    Tool's ? check ! Condom's ? check !
    If you can't fix it , f*ck it !!!

**** engineers philosophy that stu,- rip it out and start again is too easy. a good engineer-if we exist haha- will locate the faulty component and wait 16weeks delivery from europe to finally repair-to find the compressor dies a week later!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by stufus View Post
    Fit a new one or whatever !!!
    Cheers
    Stu

But it's an LG , It's not worth fooking fixing.HAHA
    Cheers
    Stu
    Tool's ? check ! Condom's ? check !
    If you can't fix it , f*ck it !!!

Could be something to do with a thermistor out of calibration.

In heating some LG's look at the outdoor ambient thermistor and if too warm then it wont go into heating. I've seen them with this probe faulty do exactly as you describe but will cool fine.

If it wont cool them perhaps the indoor thermistor probe dodgy.

I couldn't match your model to an info I have so not sure exactly what probes are on the unit but being an LG the first thing I would consider are thermistors.

Cheers,
    Andy.
    Health and safety first..........unless I'm in a hurry.