ARNEG....Price or product?? Why are we now un-caring about Quality?

Just a general question? why are ARNEG such a popular cabinet, considering the fact they use such low quality metal for the fabrication of the products.

I understand price is a big factor, but are we all now so tight that we never buy any high quality products! we import some of the poorest products ever to the uk via all companies yet we still have the same poor quality rubbish arriving.

Can we as a nation, make UK proud! and start telling the imports what we want!! not vise-versa... sorry rant over, just pains me to see folk being told that ARNEG ARE GREAT? maybe great price... but us fitters would not agree with the quality!

I have worked for many and as yet would only recommend a few companies products! The Original Impact Case that HUSSMANN made, the Current ES System K Products. But to be fair the men behind the products are what makes them great!

Re: ARNEG....Price or product?? Why are we now un-caring about Quality?

I don't think it's just about Arneg.

Most of the cabinets going in these days are value engineered.

The structures are weaker (best not stack anything on them), the metal type is poor or areas that used to have back panels now simply have polystyrene panels at the back (thinking rollin type milk cabinets).

They will never have the shelf life (pardon the pun) of the older styles but, it's short term thinking again / the people being praised for making savings in retail world today will be long gone when it all needs replacing again tomorrow.

Arneg has a plant in the US. Don't know any large retailer that buys them. They are known here as cheap quality cases.
    Every service guy has an opinion on case quality. When I worked in the field Hussmann was known as the best with both Tyler and Hill as good quality cases. Then Tyler started producing cases in Mexico and the quality was not as good and eventually they went out of business. Kysor Warren is also a fast follower.

A company I worked at for a number of years did a lot of shopfitting in conveniance size shops. Arneg were the most popular cases with pastorfrigor offered as a budget option. That was how I saw it as well, thought the arnegs were alright, and the pastorfrigors cheap pi$h.

Arneg are not to bad when compared to some of the cases that are being put in now. When you look at the EPTA/G-Barker cases, I know they are not G-Barker cases now. They are very nasty to work on, no thought put into the service of them what so ever! Just to change an air off probe and pull it through correctly you have to take all the shelves out, then the ceiling panel and back panels i mean come on! and why they are at it they run all the pipes valves etc over the drain outlet. And as mentioned above most of the panel thickness not much more then a few layers of tin foil!
    But I assume they are making it to a cost that the customer is willing to pay, just hope the customer is not expecting it to last 15 - 20 years like the last ones, such as the hussmanns etc.

this is the same the world over,people now buy on price alone so the companies that used to produce quality at a fair price now produce rubbish at a cheap price,it will sort itself out soon once customers see sense.

coolcash Guest

so long as the end users drive prices down quality will be compromised
    but there are still some companies in the UK making well built cases....try SPG in St Neots

-------------------------

there are 10 kind of people in this world ...
    those that understand binary........and those that don't

The way I see it if the crap cases only last say 5 years or so. Its more work for us. The bean counters think they are onto a winner with such low prices for cases and all the brownie points they will get from the big bosses for all the money they have saved. I recently carried out some works on Barker cases which were installed over 10 years ago and yes they were a bit tatty but they were still solid and not full of condensation, leaking water all over the floor like the cheap crap will after a couple of years. You get what you pay for. As the old addage says.

Nowadays I would recommend any fridge engineer to carry a pair of gloves in their pocket as these ****e cases these supermarkets are putting in now will shred your hands and wrists to bits. Old George Barker = Bloody Brilliant GB/Epta - Bloody Terrible and has anyone seen the crap Nutalls are making? You need a degree in taking the damn things apart!

Arneg, drinks cases used to be often used in WH Smiths, they were poorly designed and very cheaply made, every one we went to was short of gas as the discharge was piped underneath the compressor and would rub and eventually loose all its refrigerant!
    & As for Nuttalls there the worst things going.....

Regards,
    Luke

Well guys.i have been selling arneg cabinets for nearly 30 years now and to be honest with you i have never had any complaints.obviously hussmans were a better cabinet but twice the price.i am still working on arnegs that were sold 10 years ago and you can still get spares so i dont agree with you saying they are crap.i would recommend them to anybody.

I think what we are all trying to say is that the general build quality of most case manufacturers is getting worse. I have had so many cuts from sharp edges that I have added a plaster kit to my tools. The simple things like inspection hatches to get to at air off probes instead of stripping a full bay out,power trays that have to have the harness disconnected to pull them out then the harness is to short to plug back in to carry out testing,drain ports only acessible if your a mouse,shut off/exp valves in places where its virtualy impossible to get a spanner in. I could go on for ever. If case designers could come to site when commissioning/service is bieng carried out and see what we have to put up with I bet it would open their eyes, and make them think what could be done to make things a lot easier for us. I have been in the trade almost thirty years and where as technology has evolved the basics are getting worse.

Hi guys, I'm Giovanni! I come from verona, italy, near the headquarter of Arneg. You are talking about cabinets, but what about the refrigerator machine which boost the entire plants of supermarket??
    I work for a firm which makes refrigerator plants and which has been producing for more than 30 years in its own factory the refrigerators and sells them around europe and beyond. Here arneg is mostly recognized for the imagine and the power seller which has. Despite arneg is our competitors i want to be honest: its product is quite good and value for money.
    if u are interested in a high quality refrigerator machines you can visit this firm:
    http://www.frigoveneta.it/frigoveneta-spa.php?lang=en
    or ask me informations.

Nuttalls cabinets.... ive just started on the boots contract.... i wish i hadnt!

GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think they are designed by Stevie Wonder assisted by Ray Charles.