Beko CDA543F Defrost Heater Will Not Work What Else Could I Check

I have bought a used Beko CDA543F and the defrost heater will not work. This only came to my attention after about 4 days when the freezer became warm. I removed the panel in the freezer and found a build up of ice around the evaporator that was reducing the airflow. After researching on the internet I thought it was a simple unit and apparently the defrost timer often fails. So I replaced the defrost timer and the heater bi-metal thermostat but still the heater will not come on when I rotate the timer to the defrost position. The compressor stops as it should but the heater is not coming on. I have checked the heater for continuity and it appears to be fine. I cannot find any wiring diagrams for this fridge so have no idea what else could be causing the problem. I was under the impression that this was a fairly simple unit. I wondered does anybody have any ideas or have a wiring diagram, before I bite the bullet and buy a new appliance like I should of done in the first place. Thanks for any help.

Re: Beko CDA543F Defrost Heater Will Not Work What Else Could I Check

is this controlled via a pcb?

I honestly did not think that it had one Tonto as I am not that experienced. After a search though I found this http://www.espares.co.uk/part/fridge...trol-boar.html It's maybe worth a try buying this. I just do not know where it is on the fridge though.

It has actually 2 pcb's after more searching. I would guess that the one is above is the one, but not sure what this one does :

http://www.espares.co.uk/part/fridge...ctronic-b.html

bottom one is for temp control for the cost replace both and did u change defrost heater?

No I have not replaced the defrost heater. I just checked it with a multimeter and got a reading of around 375 ohms. I just need to find out where these boards are if I a going to replace them as there is nothing in the fridge part and I am sure I never seen it in the freezer where the evaporator is. I have a bad feeling that it is going to be a pig to find. Thanks again.

I should also mention that the drain heater is also not working which leads me to believe that the defrost heater is fine. I have obtained a schematic for the fridge it is actually a CDA543FW. This schematic states that it does not have a PCB. I have removed the lamp holder from inside the fridge and there is no PCB there which is where I think they are supposed to be. Thanks for any help.cd543fw.pdfcd543fw.pdf