Condensers heat reject capacity regulation

Hi Guys,

I'd like to hear from you guys how do you manage the heat reject capacity when you have several parallel compressors working on the same plant.

I think the best is whenever is possible all of them remaining working with the ventilation at same speed with a frequency converter (from reduced rpm until the 100% rpm) as the mechanical power consumption depends on N^3 (rpm^3).
    The same reasoning applies to the Dahlander motors insteaad of the inverters.

Thanks

To make progress is never good enough, I want to do better and better and better

Re: Condensers heat reject capacity regulation

Any comments?
    To make progress is never good enough, I want to do better and better and better

sTILL Any comments?

to my opinion, this is the best solution.
    http://www.ebmpapst.com/en/products/...axial_fans.php

I missed this post. Did you mentioned about air condensers or evaporative condensers? This is right for air condensers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandro Baptista View Post
    Hi Guys,

I'd like to hear from you guys how do you manage the heat reject capacity when you have several parallel compressors working on the same plant.

I think the best is whenever is possible all of them remaining working with the ventilation at same speed with a frequency converter (from reduced rpm until the 100% rpm) as the mechanical power consumption depends on N^3 (rpm^3).
    The same reasoning applies to the Dahlander motors insteaad of the inverters.

Thanks
    Sorry, I meant ...several condensers working in parallel.

I was thinking about evaporative condenser but I think the same principle (ventilation operating scheme) can be applied to air condensers.

Quote Originally Posted by chemi-cool View Post
    to my opinion, this is the best solution.
    http://www.ebmpapst.com/en/products/...axial_fans.php
    Sorry Chemi, I can't see the relevance with my first post.

Reducing fan speed from 100% to 90% saves 27% of fan energy. From 50% to 40%, he same 10% speed reduction, save just 6% of fan energy. Sometimes it is more efficient to switch off water pumps.

I think is better from efficient point of view switch off the fans. Also turning on and off the water pumps could lead for the formation of scale on the coil.

It is up to you. However, to run pumps without fans is almost useless. In North America, during cold weather many refrigeration plants cycle water pumps, because they don't have a choice. During summer operation they run pumps first. Majority of them don't have issue with the scale. To get scale you need thousands cycles of wet and dry. I know one plant that cycle pumps all year around. Yes, they have scale.