Cheap Foster spares???

Wheres a good place to buy fosters spares, tried foster but they won't give me any discount because i don't buy eleventy hundred cabinets a week.

Tried climate center but they were about £30 more.

End up fitting parts at cost just to keep a customer, think i'll stop recommending people buy fosters....

Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

Re: Cheap Foster spares???

Same old same old...must spend X amount with us and then get some discount! Catch 22 situation really!

I dont know of anywhere mate! But word of warning don't tell them the site details!

J

Reminds me when I had a Foster Rep around last year. I complained of the "Buy £30,000 worth of equipment, get 30% off spares" and he was very kind and said that with immediate effect, my company would get 2.5% of all spares from foster. Thanks Mr Foster rep, that is so generous that I might cry. Needless to say, no spares have been bought from foster, as I'm afraid this 2.5% discount might bankrupt their company.

OK, rant over. To be honest there isn't much on a foster (in terms of the refrigeration system), that's not available at the wholesalers. Some of those digital displays on Foster really Pi** me off; but we just remove the PCB, cut the standard size LCD display hole, and fit and ID Chill/ Freeze (However, if you have seen their new touch screen models, I think they may have us by the balls on them). Doors seals are also much cheaper from the many custom gasket companies out there, at the fraction of the cost foster sell them for.

Just out of interest, what part was it that you was looking for in this case?
    Last edited by Rtic; 31-05-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Its the honeywell controller, customer isn't the sort to want a id chill cut in.

Their tech guy was really helpful (had an odd error code displayed, EEP -1) caused but a mains spike which would have been stopped if the earth wire wasn't run through the ferrite with the power and neutral apparently, but the woman in spares was as ignorant as you like, so having to pay £350 to her just adds insult to injury!
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

Why don't you try service@cdrefrigeration.co.uk as far as I know they do good discounts.

Cheers

Craig
    Last edited by frank; 01-10-2012 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Being helpful

have used a company called Trident who do cheap Foster spares!! :0)

The main money killers with foster etc is evaporator coils, for something that cost maybe £20 to produce and to have a £250 price tag on it is a complete joke!

Quote Originally Posted by Northdude View Post
    The main money killers with foster etc is evaporator coils, for something that cost maybe £20 to produce and to have a £250 price tag on it is a complete joke!
    They used to be made by beehive..Note sure if they still are though..