Citroen C5 2005 A/C not working

I have a 2005 Citroen C5, the A/C and dual climate control worked fine for the first year of owning the car but recently half has stopped working. The passaenger side works fine from hot to cold - no issues. But the drivers side only blows out hot air. Any ideas????

Re: Citroen C5 2005 A/C not working

let the mrs drive!!

and don't tell her.... my mrs wouldn't notice anyway!!! tell her to open the window

French vehicles are well known for electrical faults, i should know............ i drive one! its probs just sensor fault tbh

Don't take this personally but after spending 9 years in the motor trade I'd sooner drive my morning turd than a French car - even with all the steam coming off it misting up my Joe 90's.

I'd go for either a temperature sensor fault or a mixing flap stuck / broken linkage.
    Best take it to a garage which can interrogate the Climate Control.

Cheers,
    Andy.
    Health and safety first..........unless I'm in a hurry.

Thanks for the suggestions!! I'll see if the mrs. is up for driving this summer!

I am trying to sell it! I have not been a fan of French cars and their random failures and would like to get something else. I just wanna sort this fault as it has put people off buying it!

Any suggestions for a car, I'd love to hear them. I'm after a family car thats economical, big boot, good value with as many gadgets as possible.

Cheers

I've just bought a year old astra...they're saying it will do 60-70 mpg, comes with all sort of gadgets, ESP, cruise control etc....got a bit of poke in it for a diesel

Vauxhall Vectra SRI 150bhp Diesel...... cheap to buy,fast, economical, reliable, loads of room, massive boot and loaded with gadgets...... including a decent a/c system

If you want reliability then Japanese is the way to go, well it was untill Nissan got in kahoots with Renault (hey why has the steering wheel come off in my hand, etc ). If it does pack up though standby for some pricey repair bills.

If I was going to by a new car then I'd plumb for a Honda Accord. It was aimed at the BMW/Mercedes market when the new model came out (about 9 years ago now) so should have its fair share of gizmo's.

Cheers,
    Andy.
    Health and safety first..........unless I'm in a hurry.

the second motor up from the floorppan in heater box will be faulty remove torx screws and mke sure the internal flaps move if you wish you can lock the flap to give cold air only the c5 have large air vents so the kids can easily push items down there and jam up flaps if you set to low on both banks this cuts out the thermistors and run full chat just check suction line sweats well if it does gas level good as lh evap gets its gas first bewarned motors cheap air boxes costly