MCB 9 ( does not exist.)

Re the attached image.
    I can still remember the amusement I must of caused the Technical guys at Airedale.

When "some nutter" rings up asking why MCB 9, (which is not shown on their wiring diagrams) was tripping.
    And could they advise what it may be connected to?

No such MCB is factory fitted, despite my explaining that the labelling was as per delivered around 18 months earlier.
    Plus both units were marked the same.

I now know the answer as these are MCB 6 and wired to the heater banks.

I am still convinced they thought I did not know the difference between a 6 or 9!

Grizzly

Re: MCB 9 ( does not exist.)

Poor QC which has plagued the whole UK industry since day one. What about the other c/b's -they not worthy of labelling either?

I like Airdale Tech help and I'm sure they must despair about what comes out of the factory. Shoddy work especially considering it's not exactly competitively priced either

I know of another manufacturing company who makes a lot of various equipment where their after sales techs spend more time retrofitting to what the customer actually ordered (or what the factory 'forgot' to fit during production) than profitable work..

Re: MCB 9 ( does not exist.)

So poor manufacturing is not just a Fong Kong problem. Debugging the last equipment we bought took around 3 months, and 3 years later I am still finding areas where they were less than correct in the workmanship. Changed bushes on a shaft, and found why the old ones were loose, still had sand from casting in the housing, which did some grinding. Luckily nylon bushes and chinese sand of such poor quality it had turned to clay. Took 2 hours of gentle work with a file to get the shaft clean and the new bush large enough to fit it after doing some gentle fitting ( bigger hammer Sid) of the new bushes. Next time I will not buy them, just take the whole unit to the machine shop and get them turned out of Vesconite. Better fit and quality.