Thread: Feeling Good!

Feeling Good!

Possible career change on the horizon! Taken the ins/outs off here...had a prob!
    Last edited by jdunc2301; 22-05-2012 at 10:35 PM.

Re: Feeling Good!

Best of luck with it

well done......1/7 call out sounds good........ I got told I had no tracker in my van, then it started having electrical faults, it went to the manufacturer garage for diagnosis, and guess what the cause of these electrical faults was???????????

was it the driver spilling his coco pops on the dash?

as long as they stick to what they preach at the interview- im on call 1 week in 7 but it amazes me how many times in the year i get called out- i think they sack people to then put me on call!!!-good luck

Quote Originally Posted by dt8project View Post
    well done......1/7 call out sounds good........ I got told I had no tracker in my van, then it started having electrical faults, it went to the manufacturer garage for diagnosis, and guess what the cause of these electrical faults was???????????

So what is the going rate for call out/stand by these days? I get £100 a week standard

our prison still pay the measly £50 a week- less tax- so around £7.14285714 a day- but u dont get many calls until a block of flats have a burst and you could be out for 14hrs- had a department store in mcr leaking cast pipe blew the 800amp incomer and obliterated 15lenghts of busbar track-went out sun afternoon and came home monday 9pm-went back tues 7am returned home wed 5pm!!

So what is the going rate for call out/stand by these days? I get £100 a week standard

...... not a 'first time fix' then lol

had to stop as i was knackered-previous problem there was the sewer blocked up and filled the basement with ****ty water- 3 lads were there 5 days continuous with vac lorrys-manager didnt want to close off the shopfloor!-typical

Strange that, have heard of other sewer/drainage problems in Manchester city centre, getting sh#tty water coming up through gravity drains etc

was it round piccadilly gardens??- manchester sewers were the old cobbled streets- when it was rebuilt ontop of the original street level-when it rains heavy it does back up-had a bookies near afflecks palace back up too 2 yr ago
    notice how im not name dropping haha
    Strange that, have heard of other sewer/drainage problems in Manchester city centre, getting sh#tty water coming up through gravity drains etc

yes it was!!!!!!!!!.......we had dyno-rod out I believe....... 2 engineers refused to attend because of the smell........... another ended up on the sick with stomach cramps and vomiting.........scary

at least you subbed it out- weve got our own drain muppets- if youve done most of the curry/kebab houses on the curry mile then you get immune to it- apparently
    yes it was!!!!!!!!!.......we had dyno-rod out I believe....... 2 engineers refused to attend because of the smell........... another ended up on the sick with stomach cramps and vomiting.........scary

just play the 'health and safety' card........ I fix a/c for a living, not drains, I once refused to work on a condenser because of soiled underpants and used needles near it........... got the cleaning subbies in....... sorted..... same applies to pigeon s#it.......... just REFUSE it on 'health and safety'..........simples

theyd tell me to go buy some marigolds- and stop moaning- ps can i have my lucky undies back- they were the spiderman ones-haha- had a call to a bookies in wrexham- burning smell in shop- found a dead pidgen rotting near the fresh air fan- pointed at the fault and left em to it!!

just play the 'health and safety' card........ I fix a/c for a living, not drains, I once refused to work on a condenser because of soiled underpants and used needles near it........... got the cleaning subbies in....... sorted..... same applies to pigeon s#it.......... just REFUSE it on 'health and safety'..........simples

now I know your lying.... these were Superman undies, not Spiderman lol........ the pigeon thing doesnt surprise me...... rats are another one, once worked at a KFC, the rat I saw near the condenser was the size of a bloody dog........ I froze.. needless to say it put me off KFC for a long time........... how did we get on this subject from the original post lol????????

I'm told it will be 120 for the week and then 4 hrs minimum at applicable rate!

Not too bothered! my basic is going up alot do not to worry!

I found couple of dead rats in some ducting! After 5 calls for a bad smell....lush!

Quote Originally Posted by install monkey View Post
    our prison still pay the measly £50 a week- less tax- so around £7.14285714 a day- but u dont get many calls until a block of flats have a burst and you could be out for 14hrs- had a department store in mcr leaking cast pipe blew the 800amp incomer and obliterated 15lenghts of busbar track-went out sun afternoon and came home monday 9pm-went back tues 7am returned home wed 5pm!!
    I.M. I see you take your 50 pound/week(on call) seriously...Forget "PI..22/7 or 3.14", and round it out to 7.14.
    Close enough!.. ..
    Last edited by mikeref; 22-05-2012 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Allowance should cover essential needs.. Rum..beer..protection from inmates etc.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.