aj143 Guest

Cool Want to get into refrigeration/air con

Ive done a complete air con/refrigeration course with technique training and looking to get into the trade. ive sent cv's to different companies but they don't want to know as i don't have any experience, could anybody please give me advice on how to get into the trade. im live in the alfreton, mansfield, sutton area. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Re: Want to get into refrigeration/air con

have you tried asking technique training for some help, just a thought. it is cut throat out there and companies no longer want people they have to train cos they train them up and they f**k off somwhere else. so now they only want experienced properly qualified engineers, by properly i mean nvq level 2 and f- gas 2079, and experience. maybe you could try local companys, try and ponce yourself out for free, although a lot of companys wont take you up cos of health & safety and insurance. you may be lucky and score a mates job but you are competeing with a lot of 16 year old lads who are just leaving school. all the best though.
    Kev

i think you are best to vist a few local companys in person and ask for some work experiance.
    and if they like you you might get a job out of it. good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Kev The Tool View Post
    have you tried asking technique training for some help, just a thought. it is cut throat out there and companies no longer want people they have to train cos they train them up and they f**k off somwhere else. so now they only want experienced properly qualified engineers, by properly i mean nvq level 2 and f- gas 2079, and experience. maybe you could try local companys, try and ponce yourself out for free, although a lot of companys wont take you up cos of health & safety and insurance. you may be lucky and score a mates job but you are competeing with a lot of 16 year old lads who are just leaving school. all the best though.
    Kev
    sounds like me

Anyway, the best thing to do is ring around and offer yourself for free, do anything, even if its just carrying tools around, doing workshop jobs etc. Even if you have to start as a mate you'll get in somewhere. CV's are greaat when done right, i sent loads out recently in the hunt for another job, and to my surprise i have just landed a tasty new job without them seeing my CV until interview.

Good Luck