Wefatherm piping for 410a refrigerant

Can i get some opinions/experience on Wefatherm piping please, as to whether it's a good replacement for refrigerant copper, to be used on splits, multi's VRF's etc.
    All good or bad comments welcome. Have not used it before on any A/C systems and was just wondering if it is compatible with 410 and how install friendly it is.
    The Wefatherm piping i'm referring to is the soft coiled aluminium composite variety......

Many Thanks

Re: Wefatherm piping for 410a refrigerant

manufacurers header removed-i aint advertising!! haha
    cant find the ali pipe your referring too

WEFATHERM PP-R Pipe

WEFATHERM PP-R pipes are manufactured from PP-R material and are offered in a variety of wall thickness (SDR’s). Pipes with a thicker wall offer improved pressure / temperature performance than thinner walled pipes, allowing installers to tailor WEFATHERM systems to the specific requirements of the applications.
    PP-R, PN10, SDR11
    • Thin wall, Size Range 20 – 125mm (o.d.)
    • Suitable for cold water systems only.
    • 10 Bar pipe. Please refer to the technical catalogue for maximum operational pressures and temperatures.
    PP-R 80, PN16, SDR7.4
    • Medium wall, Size Range 16 – 160mm (o.d.)
    • Suitable for hot and cold water, central heating systems.
    • 16 Bar pipe. Please refer to the technical catalogue for maximum operational pressures and temperatures.
    PP-R 80, PN20, SDR6
    • Heavy wall, Size Range 16 – 125mm (o.d.)
    • 20 Bar pipe. Please refer to the technical catalogue for maximum operational pressures and temperatures.
    WEFATHERM Fibre-Pipe

WEFATHERM Fibre-Pipe is a composite pipe manufactured of PP-R and including a special glass fibre inner layer that offers advantages in the form of drastically reduced expansion while offering an increased pressure rating, making it ideally suited for high temperature applications.
    Wefa Fibre-Pipe, PN20, SDR7.4
    • Medium wall, Size Range 20 – 125mm (o.d.)
    • 20 Bar pipe. Please refer to the technical catalogue for maximum operational pressures and temperatures.
    WEFATHERM Stabi-Pipe

WEFATHERM Stabi-Pipe is manufactured from PP-R material and includes a perforated aluminium barrier. WEFATHERM Stabi-pipe offers all the advantages of plastic piping systems with a reduced expansion coefficient similar to metal pipes.
    Wefa Stabi-Pipe, PN20, SDR6
    • Heavy wall, Size Range 16 – 125mm (o.d.)
    Wefa Stabi-Pipe, PN20, SDR6 / UV
    • Heavy wall, Size Range 20 – 75mm (o.d.)
    • Mechanically stabilized by means of integrated combination with aluminium.
    • External layer UV-Stabilized

Thanks. Have had a glance at the brochure , but am after some opinions on how the product is with regards to install, operation. sustainability etc.

Appreciate the info though..........

Quote Originally Posted by chillbill4747 View Post
    Thanks. Have had a glance at the brochure , but am after some opinions on how the product is with regards to install, operation. sustainability etc.

Well, reading the blurb above it is not suitable for the application you propose...
    What more answers are you after?

regards to install? N/A
    operation? Likely to burst as operating pressures well above the manufacturers recommended pressures and chemical compatibility not been proved.
    sustainability? See previous comment.

The info provided by install monkey is the piping for cold water, central heating systems, plumbing etc.
    I am aware that this is not compatible with running pressures of A/C. I am asking if anyone has used, installed, can comment on the soft coil ali variety that i referred to in my original post.......................

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

I can't find any reference to refrigerant pipework on the manufacturers website.

I would suggest therefore that you investigate where and by whom this alleged product is made and report back.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Wefatherm pipes seem to be for secondary and not primary refrigerants.
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

I have used the Aquatherm version for water heating. It is nice but takes some getting used to. The aluminum is not a structural component, only an oxygen barrier.