Hybrid View

freezer running in to vacuum

Hi i have been to call out today had a stone cold drier on upright foster freezer single door, capillary tube first 2 bends iced up, pressure on suction after installing line tap valve in to vacuum 4 inches, temp on evap -10 , air temp in cabinet -6 , looks like drier restricted or capillary , but iam not sure whether it,s not short of gas a bit tricky . what you guys think please help as i stragle big time recently...

Re: freezer running in to vacuum

Blocked drier, common problem with 134 and 404, replace it.

Cheers mate to pointing me in right direction it would be hard to change cappilary tube (will need to remove evaporator) so i will change drier and give it a good vac on tuesday and hopefully think will run again as it schould.Thanks for help.

dont just cut the capillary line
    use snips to score an outer line- similarly to stripping cable then use long nose pliers to to wiggle it then the capillary line will crack where youve scored-then braze this to ur drier first so to ensure u dont block the end. also as another tip= unsweat the 1/4 line on the pot and stick a charging stubb on it
    Last edited by install monkey; 07-05-2012 at 07:11 AM.

Can score the end with a hacksaw if the snips are crap... And if in doubt cut the drier open and look... I have purged OFN through to check a cap line before!

Jay