Fan Not Running on small fridge unit

Evening,

I have been asked to have a look at the fan not running on a small commercial fridge. Apparently all the plant is inside, and there is a controller externally on the wall.

I am more of a AC engineer than a fridge guy. Any ideas of where to start.

Obviously Ill check that voltage is there ect,

a plan of attack would be great, id usually stay well away but this is for a long standing customer, and i am looking at it for them as a favour.

Re: Fan Not Running on small fridge unit

evap fan not running on a coldroom- siezed- try spinning it with a screwdriver.
    no power- possibly circuit breaker/fuse- door switch on door-link it out as a temporary
    or evap coil temp too warm and coldrex panel holding it off due to too warm- could be anything- if youve got an ac background then its easier to work on a fridge than give a fridgie a city multi fault- personal unbiased opinion!

spot on install a very wise engineer told me a long time ago on my first ac breakdown i was used to fridge only the circuits are nearly the same no mater what you work on it will have a comp a condensor a metering device a evap and control and no mater how complicated it gets the basics are the same it was just the fact the sod forgot to tell me about pcbs

What he said, everyone's unbiased opinion lol

Chances are it will be a small silver fan motor...pretty easy to fault find give it a spin and see if its stiff.

Quote Originally Posted by install monkey View Post
    evap fan not running on a coldroom- siezed- try spinning it with a screwdriver.
    no power- possibly circuit breaker/fuse- door switch on door-link it out as a temporary
    or evap coil temp too warm and coldrex panel holding it off due to too warm- could be anything- if youve got an ac background then its easier to work on a fridge than give a fridgie a city multi fault- personal unbiased opinion!

Hi willetts,

Please provide more information. What type of equipment is this? Is it a display unit or a walk in chiller. And which fan is not running the Evaporator or condenser?

Andy

I havent looked at it yet guys, thats all i have been told on the phone, who knows what I'll see when I get there. Its prob not even a fridge!

its just familarising yourself with the set up- chances are your lucky and find it out on a pressure switch or a pool of oil round the blow off plug . then dig deeper to interogate -sometimes pulling ur hair out to try and unlock the temp cotroller to check diff, alarm parameters,defrosts.
    all fun- until u get the walkin butchers freezer with a 10ft long coil with defrost heaters blown-shiverring whilst standing on dead animals -warmer than step ladders and quicker too.

Hi Willetts,

You work for ACS....im a Refrigeration and AC service engineer...you guys got any vacancies at the moment....I could handle these Refrigeration calls ......but im being serious...I live in Northants, drop me a message

J

its only a fridge when its below +5 above that its fooked! haha
    Quote Originally Posted by willetts View Post
    I havent looked at it yet guys, thats all i have been told on the phone, who knows what I'll see when I get there. Its prob not even a fridge!

Walk in butcher chillers.....tell me you've punched the dead animal hanging from the ceiling.......or is it just me...had a "im a bad ass moment"

its just familarising yourself with the set up- chances are your lucky and find it out on a pressure switch or a pool of oil round the blow off plug . then dig deeper to interogate -sometimes pulling ur hair out to try and unlock the temp cotroller to check diff, alarm parameters,defrosts.
    all fun- until u get the walkin butchers freezer with a 10ft long coil with defrost heaters blown-shiverring whilst standing on dead animals -warmer than step ladders and quicker too.

subtle-haha
    Quote Originally Posted by jdunc2301 View Post
    Hi Willetts,

You work for ACS....im a Refrigeration and AC service engineer...you guys got any vacancies at the moment....I could handle these Refrigeration calls ......but im being serious...I live in Northants, drop me a message

J

Got to ask....never know haha

subtle-haha

i just chucked 3lb chickens at the aussie as he was a miserable c**t - always moaning about the uk weather-
    surprizingly aussie kev(not kev the tool) went back to aus after 18 months of working with me-once superglued his work boots to a window to teach him health and safety! haha
    wasnt in to rocky -
    Quote Originally Posted by jdunc2301 View Post
    Walk in butcher chillers.....tell me you've punched the dead animal hanging from the ceiling.......or is it just me...had a "im a bad ass moment"