Engineer redundancies

I'm hearing a lot about Engineer redundancies within the company I work for at the moment, if they are to start making Engineers redundant, doe's anybody know how it works? is it last in, first out? or is there some other rule in place for getting rid of Engineers?

Re: Engineer redundancies

usually volutary redundanciesfirst,then last in first out,then those whov'e had more sickdays than others,then the useless ones and those who complain about speed limiters!-in general if your face fits and the boss likes you then you should be ok

I think you will find its changed, first they will tell you how many they are looking to make redundant then they have to interview everybody usually 2 or 3 times by the 3rd interview you will be told if you stay or go they will grade you depending on your managers views/ sick days off etc etc and whoever is at the bottom of the list will go

They should compile a Matrix on everyone affected.
    Taking into account skills, location experience, sick and anything else they want, this produces an individual number to compare everyone.
    Then they set a limit, above which you go or below you stay, or the other way round??#

What they can't do nowadays is immediately say last in first out, off to the Tribunal if they do.

As said you should be interviewed and can challenge the info they have used.