I have a few questions about selecting correct components for system balancing, as well as interpreting compressor manufacturer's curves.

First, from what I can tell the compressor is chosen based on its refrigeration capacity vs. that of the determined evaporator required. I am having trouble with determining what the reference evaporator inlet and exit conditions are that are used in this capacity calculation. If for example the chart gives a capacity curve and provides the suction/discharge pressure and the superheat/subcool, is the superheat in reference to the compressor discharge superheat or the suction? I am assuming the subcool is out of the condenser since this should be the only subcooled portion of the process, and this value is used in determining the quality of the refrigerant entering into the evaporator. Once this is figured out, can I then just divide the compressor's capacity at the given pressure delta and rpm by the enthalpy delta across the evaporator to get the mass flow rate of the compressor? I want to know this to verify that I am getting the required flow rate to the evaporator, and to be able to determine how to improve the system.

Next, from the compressor's curve the power consumption is provided but how do I relate this to the heat of compression added to the system. I am assuming that the compressor power consumption is not the same as the compression work on the fluid due to inefficiencies in compression, but I am not sure how much. Is it just safe to assume that all of the compressor power consumption goes to compression work of the fluid so that the condenser is of adequate size, or is this overkill? With this assumption then the required heat removal of the condenser would be the total of the refrigerating capacity and the power consumption at the given rpm and delta pressure.

Last, is it safe to assume that if the compressor's refrigerating capacity is provided just at the evaporator inlet and exit conditions provided by the testing curve, that it is possible to increase this capacity by increasing the subcooling since the mass flow should be constant?

Thanks for your help in advance.