I have a Dehumidifier I want to repackage so it will better fit its intended space. I wanted to consult ya'll about my intended procedure with specific interest to discharging r410a, disconnecting the compressor, and recharging the lines.

The unit features a LG GA056CBA Rotary Compressor running on r410a. The copper tubing that runs from the compressor to the heat exchanger has no inlets/outlets. I need to disconnect the compressor in order to reposition the components. There is a copper extension (y) that is pinched off and brazed/welded shut that I believe was the inlet/outlet used by the manufacturer. I'm thinking I can cut off the brazed/welded end and the pinch/crimp will be sufficient enough to let the r410a slowly escape (precautions discharging r410a?). Once the lines have been discharged, I will disconnect the compressor by cutting the copper tube connecting it and reposition as desired. Once everything is in place, I will route new copper tubing to the heat exchanger and add a valve for easy recharging. Once everything is connected, I attach my r410a recharge kit and run it to operating psi.

This sound right...?