R404A flooded evaporator TXV

I have used Danfoss TEVA TXV with Ammonia flooded evaporators. Now I plan to make a miniature version of this system - with flooded evaporator in R404A and a 1TR capacity Ref Scroll working at (-)25C evaporating temp. I have searched Danfoss, Sporlan and Alco brochures for a 1TR, low temperature, liquid level controlling TXV; but could not find one.

I do not want to use a DX system. Could anyone help me to locate a R404A liquid level controlling TXV of 1TR capacity, low temp - similar to Ammonia TEVA valve? A webb site or product brochure reference will be helpful.

Thanks for any inputs that is possible!

Re: R404A flooded evaporator TXV

Hi KR Iyer
    Have a look at Sporlan LMC valves, go to www.parker.com then go to Division/Brand then Sporlan and search LMC. This should bring up the sizing chart, R507 is similar in pressure to R404.
    Regards
    Paul

Do you know how to deal with oil return from surge drum in gravity flooded refrigeration system?The refrigerant is R404a.

Hello KRI,
    the teva vav is basically a txv held open with heater at thermo buld, you could experiment with really small orifices in the actual Teva., pressure drop across vav and flow rates etc., not hard to calculate

Thanks Paulz. I had a look at Sporlan level controller valves. I could use them. If I have any issue in controlling the level, I will think of using a reduced orifice as suggested by Magoo. Thanks to both of you; it helped me.

Zhaokj, I do not have experience of this - being my 1st system. I plan to use oil bleed lines at centre of the flooded drum. I compared the density of 404A and POE oil. The oil is expected to float on 404A.

This could take me few weeks to put together. will come back once I have run it for some time.

K.R.Iyer

Villhelm Guest

There are currently no effective system solutions on the market yet.
    The required pump sub cooling and effective control to achieving maximum performance and result.
    Check out www.bxv.se
    Best regards and good luck
    Svenning

I am presently playing with a similar system. (not yet complete)
    But I am using a Henry oil float (normally fitted to compressors), as a low side float.
    Will let you know how it goes!

Hi KRI,
    I have used Wika level sensors as high level alarms, could be applied to control solenoid feed to standard TXV.