copeland 2 stage scroll compressor problems

hey all

i am currently having trouble with the second stage on the compressor, there is a solenoid inside the compressor thati s fed on y2 with 24vac, a rectifier in the moulded plug onto the compressor converting to 24vdc for the internail solonoid. compressor runs perfectly on y1 first stage as as soon as 2nd stage is bought in we appear to loose 24vac. there is a zone controller also like you would have for a water furnace, the 24vac is lost to this controller, it resets and if y2 is removed resumes normal operation.

i have swapped the rectifier/plug, checked the solenoid coil resistsnce (35 ohms)

i should mention that i have has 2nd stage operating for short periods by disconnecting y2 and connecting but once system shuts off y2 and later calls for it the same issue occurs

i have also heard that copeland stopped production of these comps (r410a) when the units i have were being ordered due to design failures to the 2 stage comps???

without any OEM for the comp dont know what is should be looking for further than i have already checked

amps during both stages are 8.5 & 12

have swapped the zone controller and replaced interconnecting cable

appears the internal solenoid is pulling down the 24vac feed?

hate replacing mechanically sound compressors but feel i have no more choices

is there a direct line for copeland technical assistance in the US?

any assistance would be greatly appreciated

cheers

Re: copeland 2 stage scroll compressor problems

Funny, I think there are three alternatives:

1) This compressor is completely unknown to me.
    2) It is not a Copeland compressor.
    3) It is not a 2 stage compressor, and the solenoid is not in, but on the compressor.

Could you please post the compressor model number?

Cheers!
    Well, did anybody ever dream of calling Aramis a coward? No, certainly not!