Looking for Carrier parts resources

Hi Group,
    I was on here one time before and since then I bought a Carrier 30s reefer to go on my 12' box truck. It is used and came without the electric standby setup including the in-unit compressor, motor, etc. How hard is it to retrofit this unit with these parts? The guy at the Carrier dealer in Denver gave me a maintenance and operation manual, but it doesn't cover installation or retrofit for standby. Anyone have any good parts sources for these units? Any advice on a front vs. roof mount?
    Thanks so much - if I can get this figured out it will help me plan my business much more accurately.
    Ole

Re: Looking for Carrier parts resources

Hi to fit a standby to any used transport refrigeration unit as a retrofit is very expensive and time consuming and in most cases not economical to do. I would suggest you remove the unit you have fitted and replace it with a totally new unit that has stand by fitted from the factory you will then get a factory warranty, or sell the vehicle and buy one with the fridge unit you require already fitted. Just to retrofit a standby you will need: stand by compressor and mounting brackets, new loom, stand by loom, circuit board etc the list of parts required goes on and on its not cheap

hope this helps

If you have the space why not put in a separate walk in box unit with a power cord. It would be much cheaper than getting a new unit. If you don't need it cooler then about 34 degrees check out COOLBOT.com, its a cheap way to convert a wall unit A/C to run down to 32 degrees.

The correct web site should be storitcold.com for the coolbot unit. sorry.

OR if you have the road compressor why not mount it on a bed plate with a elecric motor? I agree too much hassle to retro fit factory standby system.