Modifying a Dehumidifier w/Rotary Compressor r410a

I have a Dehumidifier I want to repackage so it will better fit its intended space. I wanted to consult ya'll about my intended procedure with specific interest to discharging r410a, disconnecting the compressor, and recharging the lines.

The unit features a LG GA056CBA Rotary Compressor running on r410a. The copper tubing that runs from the compressor to the heat exchanger has no inlets/outlets. I need to disconnect the compressor in order to reposition the components. There is a copper extension (y) that is pinched off and brazed/welded shut that I believe was the inlet/outlet used by the manufacturer. I'm thinking I can cut off the brazed/welded end and the pinch/crimp will be sufficient enough to let the r410a slowly escape (precautions discharging r410a?). Once the lines have been discharged, I will disconnect the compressor by cutting the copper tube connecting it and reposition as desired. Once everything is in place, I will route new copper tubing to the heat exchanger and add a valve for easy recharging. Once everything is connected, I attach my r410a recharge kit and run it to operating psi.

This sound right...?

Re: Modifying a Dehumidifier w/Rotary Compressor r410a

Quote Originally Posted by ciphex View Post
    This sound right...?
    Nope, nowhere near right.

Sorry.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Quote Originally Posted by ciphex View Post
    I'm thinking I can cut off the brazed/welded end and the pinch/crimp will be sufficient enough to let the r410a slowly escape (precautions discharging r410a?).

This sound right...?
    Nope, illegal
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

First you should record system performance.

Rent recovery equipment and use it, though you might need certification to do this there.

Circulate nitrogen in the tubes while soldering and make sure that inner walls are free from oil.

Any system intervention means you have to change the filter dryer, hopefully anti-acid too.

Recharge recovered refrigerant.

Make sure the repositioning does not increase pressure drops too much.

Check that the system is performing like before. If it doesn’t …

Thank you aramis. That's the perspective i needed.