Thread: eletrics

eletrics

Hello everyone i've got my 2079 fgas and all my brazing certs,but only thing holding me back is no eletrical papers,Anyone know where i can get some courses local to my in derby.Thanks matt.

Re: eletrics

What sort of electrical certification you want? Full electrician, or just a competency certificate incase you do something wrong

J

Full i think or at least 1 so i can do fault finding.My work now won't let me touch anything apart from fridge work.where my old firm did cause they knew i know basic eletrics.But knorr bremes want papers.thanks matt

Well by full electrician I meant Part P registered etc as in doing plugs n sockets in people's houses!To give you some idea, I work on AC & Ref service, so no installs... Dealing mainly with controls etcAll I've got is my Citb essential electrics, Citb Refrigeration electrics...Taking nothing away from sparkies but from experience they're good at installs and plugs n lighting, but not very good at controls like fault finding....the stuff I/We doJay

Part P would be absolutely no use to you.

Sparkies (house bashers) wouldn't (shouldn't) be doing controls faulting.
    All you need is fault finding skills relating to A/C and fridge, compared to full on control panel faulting,, relatively simple.

Something like this; http://www.tinsontraining.co.uk/elec..._training.html
    Then many years practical experience.

Mel Crewe from Basford College runs electrical courses in Leicester. Here's the contact details http://www.teknowhow.biz/

Thanks for the replies i'll give the links a try,And if anyone knows of any jobs coming up please let me know.Thanks matt