Thread: integral

integral

has anybody worked for integral or works for them ?

Re: integral

Hi jonjon,
    i lasted 9 days, it was the worst job i've ever had, i was taken on as an air con/refridge service engineer, i was there for a week before i got any steps or kit, but i was still sent out on jobs, i was sent to an army base to change 300 shower heads, next day an office block they looked after had to be returned to it's original state for new tenants so i was asked to go there, i thought it was to check over the ac, but no, i had to remove all the curtain blinds and clean up any rubbish. you are basically a handyman, so if you go there to gain experience on certain bits of kit then forget it, they are a maintenance company who water the plants and put the clocks back, it would be a great job if you were close to retirement, i am sure there are lots of good lads there, in fact i met a few so i'm not slagging the lads it just the company, i dont mind pitching in and helping out but in 9 days i had 3 ac related calls, the rest were jobs for a handyman.
    Kev

Got to ask Kev........did you have a Risk Assessment done for removing the curtain blinds?

Quote Originally Posted by Kev The Tool View Post
    Hi jonjon,
    i lasted 9 days, it was the worst job i've ever had, i was taken on as an air con/refridge service engineer, i was there for a week before i got any steps or kit, but i was still sent out on jobs, i was sent to an army base to change 300 shower heads, next day an office block they looked after had to be returned to it's original state for new tenants so i was asked to go there, i thought it was to check over the ac, but no, i had to remove all the curtain blinds and clean up any rubbish. you are basically a handyman, so if you go there to gain experience on certain bits of kit then forget it, they are a maintenance company who water the plants and put the clocks back, it would be a great job if you were close to retirement, i am sure there are lots of good lads there, in fact i met a few so i'm not slagging the lads it just the company, i dont mind pitching in and helping out but in 9 days i had 3 ac related calls, the rest were jobs for a handyman.
    Kev
    Perhaps they were trying to tell you something?

They do the contract for the AC at birmingham uni, 3 of their guys came up to one of my colleages a couple of weeks ago asking if we had any jobs cus they hate it there.

I spoke to another ac engineer the other day who had been for an interview with them, when he told them his salary they said they dont pay that much, his is equal to a supervisors rate.
    Iv'e also heard they have just won a large contract so are desperate for engineers but I suspect they are the same as all fm companys door handles toilet seats etc.

Quote Originally Posted by redroge View Post
    Iv'e also heard they have just won a large contract so are desperate for engineers
    Sainsburys

i take it integral have won the contract of mitie then..
    your only as good as your last job

I heard boots

I heard boots
    Might be that as well, I have no knowledge of that one.

Quote Originally Posted by cold.man View Post
    i take it integral have won the contract of mitie then..
    No, part of the M&E/HVAC contract.

Mitie only do Sainsburys lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by r.bartlett View Post
    Perhaps they were trying to tell you something?
    Comedy never was one of your strong points!

integral have won the boots hvac contract from mitie! having worked on it for 3 years now and getting some right heaps of crap working id more then likely say i'm moveing with the contract>

when will these big companys learn you pay peanuts you get monkeys,what pukka engineer would want to work for a fm company!

when will these big companys learn you pay peanuts you get monkeys,what pukka engineer would want to work for a fm company!

one that earns 32k a year ? gets 25 days holidays a year & works 9-5 ] :-)
    Last edited by jonjon; 10-04-2012 at 06:02 PM.

touche!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev The Tool View Post
    Comedy never was one of your strong points!
    Bloody Australians got no sense of humour...

just found out 2day mitie have won the lloyds tsb contract ! hear say is there after 400 engineers

Quote Originally Posted by jonjon View Post
    just found out 2day mitie have won the lloyds tsb contract ! hear say is there after 400 engineers
    Some of those may already be working on the contract and transfer

nothing personal jonjon its just the blokes iv'e come across only seem to have worked on splits no main plant chillers or packaged unit experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer.Guy View Post
    Some of those may already be working on the contract and transfer

240 have tupe rights but at the moment there losing 80+ to integral for the boots contract swing and roundabouts really !

nothing personal jonjon its just the blokes iv'e come across only seem to have worked on splits no main plant chillers or packaged unit experience.

most of the hvac is either splits, vrv's or ahus there's the occasional chiller but not alot of big kit to play with

just heard two way traffic btween integral and mitie

just heard two way traffic btween integral and mitie

yup mitie are trying to keep existing engineers and trying to buy out there contracts for a 50 hour week one

is the fifty hours one hour in the morning and one at night unpaid travel time like i think cofely do ?

is the fifty hours one hour in the morning and one at night unpaid travel time like i think cofely do ?

yup sh*t aint it

helps to keep the costs down for fm companys and they tell their customers they,ve got somebody within a hours travel of any site.
    is the integral contract the same.

nope get tupe rights when i move across so contract stays the same

nope get tupe rights when i move across so contract stays the same
    For as long as it takes to get across the doorstep.
    Then they can give you 90days notice of varying T&Cs

Just heard a boots manager is over the moon mitie are out dos'nt know he'll be getting the same with different coats !

Regarding the 400 engineers, that would be about £35M to £40M of contracts which sounds an overestimation.

Regarding TUPE rights, they can only give you notice and change for your contract if there is a significant business or economic reason (and we won the contract based on cutting your wages is not a good enough reason) otherwise they will be basically committing wrongful dismissal when they terminate your current contract.

Thanks Moneyhell.
    If correct, that could just be a very useful bit of advise to many!
    Grizzly

Quote Originally Posted by Moneyhell View Post
    Regarding the 400 engineers, that would be about £35M to £40M of contracts which sounds an overestimation.
    Mitie won the contract to provide facility maintenance to the Lloyds Banking Group, estimated at £155million per year
    5 year contract with possible extra year.

I think they will need some engineers !

Bob
    Last edited by frank; 20-05-2012 at 03:36 PM.

Haha - an underestimation then

That is a large contract for sure.

Is it correct that mitie are keeping the facilities side for boots and integral are doing the h&v.

I hear integral going after Arcadia as well (Topshop, Burtons, Dorothy Perkins etc.)...... very big contract

Any news on the movement between mitie and integral ive heard some have had no choice but to move

Im currently at integral on the L.B.G contract also barclay and r.b.s, numerous engineers have been told that they qualify to tupe across to mitie as they have worked x amount of time on the L.B.G contract. There are some positions available on other contracts which we can apply for.

The reason why the contract is worth an estimated £155 m is that lloyds banking group have outsourced EVERYTHING to mitie... security,cleaning,secure waste management,building fabric,m&e, all the the lloyds f.m's will tupe across aswell. I've never seen this done before but i heard they have done it to save money.

I dont think they will need many engineers because they will have ex norlands, integral (m&e)and carillion (building fabric)engineers. And the feeling is amongst most engineers is that they cannot wait to go to mitie.

At present all we have been told is that we will loose the contract end of july we have not heard anything from mitie as of yet nor do we know where we will be based from i've heard rumours that it will be run from coleshill if any1 hears anything on this please post it.

Don't your better of at integral mitie couldn't run a piss up in a pub all there interested in is subbing all work out, thats why we lost boots because all the contracts managers are taking back handers then the subbies balls it up then we have to fix there mistakes.the only reason lbg has accepted mitie is because they class everyone as 'multi-skilled' so they can count each engineer 5 times so you can fix ac replace doors take rubbish out etc.... I wouldn't of mided going across on tupe spent alot of time on boots repairing them, i hope theres going to be some ac engineers coming into the m62/m1 area as theres only 2 of us

The LBG contract will have ex norland engineers and ex integral guys tupe to mitie this week.The total contract amount is three hundred million combined with the north and south of the uk contract.Extra engineers may not be required as with all new contracts cost cutting wiill be implemented to try and make a profit.

How many are going the opposite way to look after the boots contract

one that earns 32k a year ? gets 25 days holidays a year & works 9-5 ] :-)
    I`ll second that. I should have got into FM years ago. No more crawling under filthy machines getting covered in oil and having a miserable boss on the phone saying there`s no money in the job for fu%*ing about even though i`m sweating my nuts off for him. Not all FM jobs are lamp changers, mine involes water demin plants, reverse osmosis equipment and heavy gas fired boilers. Always something new to learn.

How,s integral any better than mitie.

drwightman Guest

All of these comments make me smile I’ve worked for install companies and also a refrigeration and a/c companies that deal with blue chip clients working on anything, splits vrvs, chillers cascade systems that support a single server room or a chiller that looks after server rooms the size of football pitches. Now I’m on an fm firm and couldn’t be happier i look after mainly ac equipment but I do work on a lot of different plant carrying out ppms and reactive calls to systems that have faults and issues but I am sometimes I am expected to maybe change a lamp or two or fit a hand dryer. but at the end of the day if u can turn your hand to it wots the problem i don’t miss traveling to london every day in fact its nice traveling 10 minutes down the road and what’s nicer than that is traveling 10 minutes up the road back home! Far as the boots contract and any other contract that doesn’t want to spend money good luck trying to fix problems long term! There is only so much an engineer can do. and if you had to put your name on as much paper work as myself u would make sure u fix things correctly or give very good reason y it can’t be fix! Because that will come back to me at some point.

New update in the yorkshire region 11 engineers have been laid off on the lbg contract!

I feel for the people being laid off, even fridge blokes are finding jobs harder to find these days.

Whats happening with the boots contract from what i,ve seen there,s plenty of work there after mitie.

from the last time i spoke to an integral engineer there not coping very well as mml ( who look after boots as a clock in clock out sytem) have there own sub contractor who get all the juicy bits then integral get the left overs.