Van ventilation for refrigerants

Hi, does anybody know what the legal requiements are for carrying refrigerants in a van? I usually carry about 6 bottles, plus oxy/act, is it illegal to not have a vent? and do I need warning stickers?.............thanks

Re: Van ventilation for refrigerants

also gas stickers have to be removed when no gas is in the vehicle- 2 fire extinguishers 1 in the front,1 in the back and also cossh data sheets need to be in the van cab too-also bottles should be secured upright too

Thanks....I've got stickers, vent on roof, vent on the floor, separate bulkhead, but been told nitrogen, oxt/acet HAS to be transported in an upright position, my nitro is lying down at the moment (secured)...... just wondered, are all these regulations really needed?????? years ago, I just had A VAN....... no vents, no stickers, never had any probs.......... health and safety

BOC information HERE

The law HERE (Useful if you need something to help you going to sleep.

Slightly easier read HERE This also got the handy "point calculation" at the end of it that most likely will tell you that you don't have to comply

Thanks Viking, very interesting reading............ and to think...... we have engineers carrying refrigerant bottles in estate cars within the company I work for!!!!!!!!!!!

So this makes me and my van very unsafe!!!

Unless its changed since last year when i was doing my NVQ 3 then i'm fairly sure its not a legal requirement to have the stickers unless your carrying the amount similar to a BOC driver! bottles have to be secure and capped no regulators believe its £1000 per bottle found with regulator attached
    they can be sucured upright or flat but oviously its not a good idea to use accetelene straight from the van when its been laying flat!
    Need 2kg dry powder in front of van possibly back aswell.
    Not heard anything about ventilation? never been in a van with air tight cab!!

If any one is 100% sure let me know this is what i was taught at college