Quote Originally Posted by install monkey View Post
test reversing valve-

1. Disable the condenser motor; while the system is operating, allow the head pressure to rise until it will not go any higher or the pressure reaches 475 lb, whichever occurs first. Remember, if you are working in heating mode, the condenser motor is the indoor motor.
2. Turn the system off. This quiets the machine and disables the fans so you can listen and feel for the problem. Also, the increased pressures developed during this test intensify the symptoms, making them easier to detect. If the reversing valve is energized during this test, you will have to “hot wire” it prior to running this test so that it will not de-energize when you turn the machine off.
3. At this point you might be able to hear a hissing noise from the source of the hot gas bypass. If you are still not sure which of the two components is leaking, place one hand on the compressor dome or the suction line as it enters the compressor, and the other hand on the suction line as it exits the reversing valve. One end of the line or the other will probably get much hotter, much faster.
If the compressor end gets very hot very fast, the compressor is at fault. If the reversing valve gets very hot very fast, the problem is the reversing valve. If you still cannot determine which is the problem, it most likely is the compressor, because the location where you touch the compressor is removed from the source of the hot gas. On the other hand, the location where you touch the reversing valve is very near where the hot gas will be bleeding through. So if the compressor is bleeding, you may not be able to tell easily, but if the reversing valve is bleeding, you will have no doubt.
source achr news
test drier- measure temperature at inlet and outlet- if when running theres a temp difference of over 1 deg then it will req changing
https://rapidshare.com/files/2567025..._-_Service.pdf;
auy24 service manual

thank you...pretty in depth, im gonna read through getr a copy of the copy and prehaps try it out if i get a chance... only one thing though, i gotta find out how to use the reverse cycle for heating, as here in msia its hot, and the ACs are for cooling... cud be some DIP switch i'd have to toggle...