F gas law breakers!

Right so we all know that we should have 2079 to work but how to you report company's out there who employ staff who do not hold this and who also employ subcontractors who do not hold this as well !!! Just makes me sick to know that we lose work to these cowboys ....

Re: F gas law breakers!

Quote Originally Posted by cooltools View Post
    Right so we all know that we should have 2079 to work but how to you report company's out there who employ staff who do not hold this and who also employ subcontractors who do not hold this as well !!! Just makes me sick to know that we lose work to these cowboys ....
    to work unsupervised without 2079 or equivalent is illegal? not sure,if someone at the company has the relative quals does that count i have mine so i am ok but yes its annoying but on the other hand some people have all the gear no idea!.

call the fridge police on - 0800 444 685 728111 065

From SI279 of 2011
    "
    Offences
    12. (1) A person who:
    (a) carries out activities referred to in Article 2(1) of Regulation 303/2008,
    (b) carries out activities referred to in Article 2(1) of Regulation 304/2008,
    (c) recovers certain fluorinated greenhouse gases from high voltage switch
    gear as set out in Article 1 of Regulation 305/2008,
    (d) recovers certain fluorinated greenhouse gas based solvents as set out
    in Article 1 of Regulation 306/2008, or
    (e) recovers certain fluorinated greenhouse gases from air-conditioning
    systems in motor vehicles as set out in Article 1 of Regulation
    and does not hold an appropriate award or awards as specified in Schedule 1,
    or an appropriate certificate or training attestation as specified at Regulation
    , is guilty of an offence.
    "
    This is Irish statute but there will be similar for every member state. In this jurisdiction the EPA is responsible for policing however the registration body (eg Refcom) would be a good place to start

Yes this is becoming a big problem in the industry, unqualified and inexperienced engineers completing maintenance and service work because they are cheap labour. Some companies think that a quick filter clean is a service so they send any Tom **** and Harry out with a hoover.
    My opinion is the FGAS should police it better i.e. do random inspections on peoples work and watch the engineers reclaiming and charging etc if they dont comply then strip the company of the FGAS certificate, also the customers should be asking the question when the engineer tirns up as you do if a heating engineer turns up to service your boiler at home

I wonder just how many licenced engineers actually comply to the letter? How many would actually recover or recycle 4 ounces of refrigerant?
    Training may be finished but experience is never complete.

i had a system 2.8kg system charge- lost its gas- 3psi standing- added nitro to it and used electronic leak detector- no point in degassing a small ammount of refrigerant as ur gonna lose it when ur lines leak in the van- pressure tested at 40 bar-vacced to 2 torr and reweighed gas- and logged readings- updated the ref log even though the system had less than 3.5kg total charge-yee ha!! haha