legal storage of refrigerants

just wondered what the 'legal' requirements were for storing refrigerants on-site. Do the cylinders have to be kept in the open or in a vented room, or locked up, warning signs, bottles secured?????

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: legal storage of refrigerants

Seems that 'yes' would most likely answer that question.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

in the open,caged,secured,warning labels -compressed gas, flammable gas if propane,acetylene or r600 range, also recommend having coshh sheets available too- also there is a limit to how much you can store

so your saying that in order to store a refrigerant cylinder on-site, it would, by law, have to be out in the open or in a vented room with warning signs AND be secured.......... never seen that in over 15 years in this trade

just wondered....... had other contractors on one of my old sites, they have left full/half full bottles of refrigerants all over the place, lying on their side in the plant areas...... I didn't think it was allowed.... never knew there was so many legal requirements though.....interesting reading.......thanks

it used to be part of the old 2078- how many bottles and how much space req- will try and dig some info out
    Quote Originally Posted by dt8project View Post
    just wondered....... had other contractors on one of my old sites, they have left full/half full bottles of refrigerants all over the place, lying on their side in the plant areas...... I didn't think it was allowed.... never knew there was so many legal requirements though.....interesting reading.......thanks

2078......... seems like a long long time ago

yes will look into that,on 2078 there was a lot about storage of propane but on the others not sure but pressurised cylinders should all be secure and of course ventilated,with the hot weather at the moment over here the refrigerants in my van must be cooking so be careful guys when you are reclaiming obey the rules to the letter!!