walkin fabrication.

Where is the best place to purchase/obtain the panels and doors for a walkin in the UK? Last year all I could find was Dean and Wood in Leeds for a quote for a very small walkin, eight cubic meters to be precised to be installed in a cellar. But they let me down because they didn't prepare the quote and just fobbed me off when I asked where the quote was?

My customer who I have served for nearly three years decided to open up a small bakehouse so he could start making his meat pies again, so it was just as well. He has since asked me to convert an old coal hole into a walkin cooler for potatoes and groceries and I have measured up but as you can imagine I am reluctant to use Dean and Wood to quote for the panels and door. Fabricating a cold room is a new thing for me regarding spec and materials as I have only carried out repairs to the system.

So if anyone knows of and could reccomend anywhere that supplies materials only or even offers a design service it will be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Training may be finished but experience is never complete.

Re: walkin fabrication.

Have used Stancold and Scandia on similar projects, give them the dimensions and a sketch and they will price it up for you, then if the job is a goer, they will do a site survey, supply and build the room for you. Then all you have to do is put the fridge kit in!

You might find a more local company to do the same thing for you as i think these two are based near Bristol.

Have a look in the RAC year book for cold room manufacturers.
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

Re: walkin fabrication.

McVIEGH in tameside greater manchester