Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Endocube Hoodwink or Science

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Hi Chillerman,

I always enjoy your posts but based on your statement about food and beverages all react differently to heat transfer and one device can not accurately imitate them all that is absolutely true. but isnt that the same as having a "range" or an "average" temperature of products in one Cold-room such as a produce cold-room with lettuce, avocados etc stored which has different specific heats and heat transfer?

If we didnt compromise and draw the line somewhere we would have one cold-room for Avacodos, one cold-room for Lettuce, one cold-room for fish, one cold-room for lamb and every other type of food stored with different specific heat and transfer rates in cold-rooms around the World.

So the Endocube compound inside it is doing exactly that, covering a "range" or an"average" just like cold-room storage covers a "range" now all over the World.

We have to draw a line somewhere.

Jeeees hope that makes sense!
    Forgetting Endocube for a moment, the compromise you talking about is what temp is best for a product. In large institutions (mass storage) they do have different rooms at different conditions for specific products.
    ( SHC and heat transfer is really nothing to do with when the product is already at temp)

Back to chillermans argument.

example one if the air temp is always between 1 & 2C, the product will always be between these temps.

Example 2, (endocube) the air can (not limited to) between -2 and +4, to give the same average air temp.
    Now a lettuce leaf has little mass, so will basically swing in temp between the above numbers, but an apple has mass and will not swing as much because of the mass and heat transfer properties.
    Now as you can see the lettuce is likely to freeze, so the thermostat has to be turned up, so the the swing is going to be 0 to 6C.
    The average core temp will raise compared to the air control system. But still within acceptable limits
    This where the energy saving is made.
    it may well be that, we do not need close control, or food to be as cold as we are presently storing it.
    This is all the endocube is doing! But you do not need an endocube to make these changes.
    (the benefit on short cycling we can agree on)

So leading on from the above post, we may end up raising the cycling temps to stop (as in the example above) the lettuce from freezing, however given the different heat transfer properties of various goods in a mixed usage room the denser products may end up with a higher core temperature as a result, how high? Only trial and error can be used to find out.

In my opinion it is far too risky, especially if I was the one running the cold storage plant with HACCP certification.
    ...and she said "give it to me you big fridgie"

Very well put 750.

750 Are you aware the Endocube has HACCP certification

Quote Originally Posted by mechanicalman View Post
    My wife has a driving licence ,doesn't mean she's any good at it.

Cheers
    Stu
    Tool's ? check ! Condom's ? check !
    If you can't fix it , f*ck it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by mechanicalman View Post
    HACCP certification means absolutely nothing, how can a certification guarantee the application of the product.

The contents may be considered food safe but I know I would not be using it in my cold storage facility, nor would I put it in my supermarket.... if I had one!

Quote Originally Posted by stufus View Post
    My wife has a driving licence ,doesn't mean she's any good at it.

Well put stu!
    Last edited by 750 Valve; 16-05-2012 at 12:25 PM.
    ...and she said "give it to me you big fridgie"

Talking Re: Endocube Hoodwink or Science

Very interesting read by all parties,

Hi,
    Long time reader first time poster,

I myself have just taken over the maintenance of an IGA food chain with 15 stores across Victoria Australia,

To my amazement one of the stores has a total fit out of "endocube's" e.g. (every case and cold room)

The chain managers have asked little old me to conduct a survy on the feasibility of the cube and if its worth installing into all other stores,

Power monitoring devices have been installed to the refrigeration boards for some time before and after the installation of the cube and I'm using data loggers in a range go cases and room.

I should have some interesting answers for your conversations in the coming weeks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123