Quote Originally Posted by Coldmetal View Post
Jpsmith1cm

Well now we are talking.

What my experience is is that once you install the product you find that the refrigeration cycles are considerably reduced just as they say, but they are also extended. So when the compressor does come on it is on longer. Not really a surprise, since it isn't responding to Air anymore it takes longer to cool product. I don't think anyone would question that. (Maybe someone will surprise me).

But what happens next, and this takes longer on some equipment (typically on larger equipment -sometimes even upto 2 weeks) than on other types is that the equipment starts to run more smoothly. It is as though the compressor is actually happier running for longer but less often. If you know your equipment well you will feel it, like a well tuned car humming perfectly. Also factors such as the refrigerant is getting time to circulate properly, pressures equalise properly etc,etc. This is what I think they mean by 'efficiency improves'.

What is more interesting is that, over time, the temperature of the product drops (and what I mean by that is all the product -including newly introduced produce). This means you can then adjust your set point accordingly, nearly always by one or two points upwards. I monitor this with a data logger to make sure it's safe. The range of varience of the temperature of the food also reduces, which is where the food quality sometimes improves.

Anyway, that is what I think they are talking about when they refer to efficiency and I believe it is due to the longer cycles as well as the reduced number of cycles. Certainly if we think in terms of a car it is not at it's most efficient in the first few minutes before start up, it is also not very good for a car to keep stopping and starting and the advise with cars was always to make sure they regularly have a good run, why? because it will improve the overall efficiency of the engine!.

Now obviously the level of efficiency gain will be different for different compressors and due to a lot of other factors the overall benefit will be different in different refrigeration. But my belief is that this is the principle at work here.

I am actually not sure how one would measure this 'overall increase in efficiency' scientifically unless you look at factors such as energy consumption, food safety and food quality and possibly equipment lifespan. And all I am saying is that in my experience is, on those measures, it does a very good job, broadly in line with the claims they make. Obviously the equipment lifespan issue is much harder to measure but it makes sense to me and the anacdotal evidence is strong.

They don't, as far as I am aware, say that the Endocube is going to solve all the problems of refrigeration or that it will fix other types of faults. Because I can tell you that if you have other problems with your refrigeration (faulty compressors, bad location or poor service condition) then you will not solve your problem and quite possibly not get the benefits you hope for. But assuming your equipment is in reasonable shape expect a reasonable result.

'To be skeptical is fine; cynical is silly, biased is stupid'
As i asserted in the first line of my last post. Simply adding a product analog to your control thermostat will not increase efficiency.

Not in a day, not in a week, not in a month.

The only REAL way to realize increased efficiency is to put wrenches on the system and tune it.