Samsung SRS594/RSH1 Dreaded Fridge Defrost Problem - Service Manual Request

Hi There,
    I Have a Samsung SRS594 or RSH1 fridge?freezer which is having the ice build up problem, it happened a couple months ago and had a guy come out whom replaced the temp sensor in the fridge.
    Ice started to build up again and i suspect the Defroster isnt working - I have pulled the fridge apart and am handy with a multimeter - I have manually defrosted it for the moment using hot water, i also pulled the evap cover off and defrosted the fan motor

What resistance should the temp sensor be at if its working?
    And should the defroster heater have continuity?

Is there a permanent fix? i have seen the kit sold in the uk online - i can get most parts locally just wanted to know if samsung updated some parts to fix the issue and what the part numbers were
    Anything else i should test while im there to narrow down the problem.

Re: Samsung SRS594/RSH1 Dreaded Fridge Defrost Problem - Service Manual Request

need to replace defrost heater

how old is the fridge.may be covered under warranty.

It was bought in August 08 - So it should be out of warranty - i think it was 2 year warranty and 3 on the compressor?

There should be resistance on the heater. You can trick the defrost heater into heating. then check if its giving of voltage. But if there is no contiunty on the heater replace it.