Hi Guys, I hope you can us help trying to understand whats going on with our new heating/cooling system. We've just had a Daikin ducted reverse-cycle system installed (RZYQ8/FDYQ200 : 20KW cool, 22.4 KW heat) into our single storey 160m2 house. With the weather being a bit cool here in Canberra (!) this w/e, we've had a chance to test the heating side of the system.. and Im not impressed. Two major problems that Im having trouble understanding.

Firstly the air flow out of the vents seems to be extremely strong and produce a loud and constant white noise sound which is driving me crazy! It does dim slightly when, presumably, it reaches the required temperature but it doesn't stay there long. The outside temp is about 13degs and the heat temp is set at 22degs - so not a huge difference. Also, at the same time the outdoor unit seems to be running at full whack - causing a noise the is noticeable through double-brick walls.

Is there some fundamental thing Im missing here about these systems, or is there some way I can change these easily. We used to have an old ducted gas system in outs place, and even with that we never had this level of continuous and heavy air flow, I would phone the company that installed it ...but its a w/e! Really hope you can help here guys...!