Daewoo ERF385AR fridge not getting cold but freezer is??

Hi,

I hope someone can please help.

I have a Daewoo ERF385AR fridge freezer. The freezer part is getting cold and is fine but the fridge is not getting cold at all. The green light is on for the freezer so I know its the right temp and working ok but the red light is on for the fridge. I have looked at the back of the unit and there is a bit of ice on the one section of the back bars (not sure what they are called).

I am pretty good at DIY with electricals but not sure where to start with a fridge/freezer problem?

any help much appreciated.

Re: Daewoo ERF385AR fridge not getting cold but freezer is??

If this is a frost free. Then there's a common problem. It needs to be defrosted. Remove the panels inside the freezer compartment (it might be a pain). there may be ice at the back or top and this blocks the airflow to the fridge. dampers and fans may be blocked.
    Defrost it for as long as possible ( at least for 24hrs), until there's no more water dripping from the unit.
    Give the coil at the back a nice clean with a soft brush and clear the drain outlet from the fridge and the drip tray on the comp. make sure there's a good gap for airflow at the back, when you push it back into position.

Let me know how you get on!

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply and advice.

Before I do what you said I just wanted to check if it could be actually be something else. The reason being is because you say to defrost as their may be ice but what I forgot to mention is that the fridge had been standing for a while unused and unplugged so I don't think it could be a build up of ice??

A little update.

I have kept the fridge/freezer on to monitor what it is doing and as I have said the fridge is completely warm. The freezer is working ok but only on the bottom two draws. The top draw is cold but not freezing the food. Therefore is this a poor circulation issue and if so what fixes that?

I also pulled the unit out and noticed that ice is building up where the cold pipe enters the back of the unit about half way up the fridge freezer.

Anyone please?

needs regassing