Energy Calculations?

I recently started a new job at a company that is less apt to spend money on their refrigeration system! It is a shrimp process plant that is refrigerated with anhydrous ammonia. They have 3 small spiral freezers that run at -60 and all the door gasket leak bad. Ive looked all over the internet to look for fomulas to help me put some numbers together and have found nothing. Could someone please point me in the right direction.

Re: Energy Calculations?

Area of the leakage * velocity of the leakage=(volume of leakage) Think of it as duct.
    Volume * change in air conditons. additional duty
    This will give you the moisture content that will also required to defrost.
    Make some number up, make the savings bigger than the cost of the new gaskets (less than one year)
    Then they will do it. -60 needs to be done!

Yeah these guys are horrible, ive been in industrial refrigeration for 12 years and had probably 10 jobs at diiferent plants including 3 years in service traveling around the united states and I have never seen anyone as cheap as these guys. Im looking more to convert tonnage to kw to try and give a more cost approach to the situation. These NH3 engine rooms are very expensive to run and along with the leaking gaskets, when we shut down the engine room you couldnt walk in it becuase the ammonia was so strong, they are purging over 1200 times a day.

With new door seals the frequency of defrosting the spirals will reduce for a start, the cost of down time alone will be a significant saving. Purging 1200 times a day is wasting ammonia and poluting the sewer system and enviroment, that can be a starting point to wake them up, the local authorities will dump on them real quick.

Its not really any loss of refrigerant due to the vacuum and it's also a Hansen purger which which purgers an estimated 99.5% air, but the non condensables in the system are a huge problem when it comes to system efficiency! I have done energy analysis before but with the help of engineers but I'm looking to learn how to do it myself.