Airedale Freecooling chillers, Any good?

Hiya folks,

Im looking to install a 300kw Free-cooling chiller for a job in the NE of England, Im looking at airedale kit as it seems they can give the most freecooling. Can anyone share their experience of this equipment/ suggest any other manufacturers i should be looking at?

CHW (10/15°C) 20% Glycol 35°C Amb

Thanks

Z

Re: Airedale Freecooling chillers, Any good?

hi zool ,
    yes I would recomend airdale, I used to work for a main agent in manchester. ask airdale if they can organise a trip to the CIS building in Manchester to see the computer suit, they <had ?< the very thing you asked about , all the best sedgy ,

Have a look at a Carrier 30RB322 with free-cool option.

Hi Zool.
    I don't know of many that will criticize Airedale as they make a good product and their after sales / Tech help is good.
    However I can name many others that are as good.
    Asking a direct question like yours is not fair as we all will have preferences as to who we work for.

I suspect willow has a connection with carrier for instance. Fine, but self or company promotion is against site rules.
    Your question is asking for a direct comparison against various manufacturers.
    Not On!

Grizzly

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Hi Zool.
    I don't know of many that will criticize Airedale as they make a good product and their after sales / Tech help is good.
    However I can name many others that are as good.
    Asking a direct question like yours is not fair as we all will have preferences as to who we work for.

I suspect willow has a connection with carrier for instance. Fine, but self or company promotion is against site rules.
    Your question is asking for a direct comparison against various manufacturers.
    Not On!

Grizzly

Apologies for being 'not on', just looking to maximise my freecooling I was looking for a more independant view on things... Im sure there will be folks from manufacturers on here but thats salesmen for you! But one way or another we are all looking to extract cash from everyone else....

we usually go for a std chiller with a FC added. This seems a cheaper route and the only real drawback is footprint.

Airdale are good but quite pricy

Thanks R.bartlett

Using a seperate drycooler? never done that before... doesnt control become an issue? how easy is it to integrate the drycooler and chiller to function well together. Is it a case of a control panel giving signal to valve, DC and chiller via VFC at pre-set ambients?

Presumably this will only allow freecooling via DC or Chiller cooling but not concurrent operation cause of flow rated through the chiller. I wonder how this stacks up against a full freecooling chiller...hmmm

Ta

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOL View Post
    Thanks R.bartlett

Using a seperate drycooler? never done that before... doesnt control become an issue? how easy is it to integrate the drycooler and chiller to function well together. Is it a case of a control panel giving signal to valve, DC and chiller via VFC at pre-set ambients?

Presumably this will only allow freecooling via DC or Chiller cooling but not concurrent operation cause of flow rated through the chiller. I wonder how this stacks up against a full freecooling chiller...hmmm

Ta
    works same as an integral free cooler. Most have a diverter valve to stop the water from going through the FC but I have questioned the need previously as if left in it just becomes part of the water circuit.
    My view is if the 3 way valve is left out then the fan can be on 2 stats in series

one for the air temp = closed below 10c
    and one for the water

set at the water temp = closed above 10c
    (or whatever)

then the fan will only run when the water is above 10c and the air is below 10c

then the fan will run when the air is cold enough and the water warm enough.

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.co...trol&highlight=
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOL View Post
    Thanks R.bartlett

Ta
    works same as an integral free cooler. Most have a diverter valve to stop the water from going through the FC but I have questioned the need previously as if left in it just becomes part of the water circuit.
    My view is if the 3 way valve is left out then the fan can be on 2 stats in series

one for the air temp = closed below 10c
    and one for the water

set at the water temp = closed above 10c
    (or whatever)

as above fan will only run when the water is above 10c and the air is below 10c

so the fan will run when the air is cold enough and the water warm enough to prevent overcooling in winter

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.co...trol&highlight=