Dear fellow engineers,
I've had a bit of a dilemma today. I go to the College on a monday and work Tuesday - Fridays and 1 in 4 weekends (on call). I am currently finishing my city and guilds level 2 diploma and NVQ. I have passed all of my exams first time round and after an inspirational talk with my tutor i decided that i will save up some money and put it into doing my level 3 qualification. My employer does not want me to do another years day release and says that i do not "need" this qualification. He said that if i wanted to do it then i would have to find another job. I've put my CV out which i have had a fair amount of response from as i Hold an F gas certificate and various other relevant qualifications, but but no one seems to want to take me on through my level 3 year. I would also like to stress that i am not looking to just use a company and move on. I am looking for a good solid company in which i can learn and build myself as a competent engineer.

Why do companies not like taking on level 3 students? And does anyone know of any companies based in Essex/London that would be interested?

Many thanks.