The level 3 is about £2800, which i can afford but need to find additional work to do it as i dont get paid overtime where i am at the mo. I'd like to have the city and guilds qual as its renowned to be one of the best and cover a hell of a lot on things like heat transfer/psychometrics which in my current job is completely useless. but i know that if i dont do it straight after my level 2 then it will be tough to get back to college if you get me. What i am hoping for is to move into a bigger company between now and sept that will be covering more supermarket packages/chillers etc but all i can do is phone round and email CV's. I dont really want my chances of being successful to be dampend by a recession.
Also i have considered leaving work and doing the course full time, if i was to sign onto the dole for a month and then apply to go to college then yes i would get funded but i want to stay working to keep my brain ticking and have experience with dealing with day to day problems. I think that its a crazy system though they need to bring back proper apprenticeships.