Any LG gurus out there?

I'm in a world of pain, got some old LG ducted (LBNH2461BL), indoor fan keeps playing up.
    I'v got all the manuals for it, but I don't know if I keep getting faulty parts or what.
    Indoor fan motor died, changed it and capacitor, a month later told it died again. Motor runs very slow, surges and slows, getting slower and slower
    Fan speed controlled by TRIAC, I thought it was that. Change PCB, exact same problem.
    Change motor again.
    get called back 4 hrs later saying it's playing up again.
    Gee thanks, 3 hrs in the tin roof space providing free labour on a 37C day, almost carking it in the heat, (no idea how hot it was in there, all I know is I had to come down because breathing problems and shaking and heart racing) and it stops working again!
    Not to mention the original motor took 6 weeks to get here, in that time customer overseas on holiday, so by the time the job dne, motor was out of the 90 day warranty, massive **** fight with customer and me, they agreed to pay for new parts for the second time, now the thing doesn't work.
    I'm pretty much going to pay for someone else to look at it again out of my own pocket I think, I'm over it, just want to know what the hell is wrong with it!

Re: Any LG gurus out there?

it would appear the problem is -its a LG their slogan is - lifes good buy this cr*p! haha
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_h View Post
    I'm in a world of pain, got some old LG ducted (LBNH2461BL), indoor fan keeps playing up.
    I'v got all the manuals for it, but I don't know if I keep getting faulty parts or what.
    Indoor fan motor died, changed it and capacitor, a month later told it died again. Motor runs very slow, surges and slows, getting slower and slower
    Fan speed controlled by TRIAC, I thought it was that. Change PCB, exact same problem.
    Change motor again.
    get called back 4 hrs later saying it's playing up again.
    Gee thanks, 3 hrs in the tin roof space providing free labour on a 37C day, almost carking it in the heat, (no idea how hot it was in there, all I know is I had to come down because breathing problems and shaking and heart racing) and it stops working again!
    Not to mention the original motor took 6 weeks to get here, in that time customer overseas on holiday, so by the time the job dne, motor was out of the 90 day warranty, massive **** fight with customer and me, they agreed to pay for new parts for the second time, now the thing doesn't work.
    I'm pretty much going to pay for someone else to look at it again out of my own pocket I think, I'm over it, just want to know what the hell is wrong with it!

It's not limited to old kit Paul, i'd a 6 month old ducted unit, indoor fan just humming, changed pcb and motor and appears ok now, pcb not reacting to low, medium, high.

Can you get a rewind company to open motor and give you a prognosis? Are the new motors incorrectly plated or voltage wrong?

al
    Mostly found in the southern part of this green and pleasant land.

ah yes got caught myself with one of these and the outcome was the motor has to be matched to the board of the b series units, when you order the fan you will get a c series motor as they dont make a b series motor anymore and when you fit it it spikes the board then you fit a b series board of which you are meant to add a adaptor plug but lg dont tell you about this you need to get a matched c series motor a b series board and the adaptor plug whilst your there change the evap sensor as this will play up by next week to also make sure these are not old stock in 2006 lgmade loads of boards that had major softwhare issues with fan sppeds

Hey charlie, are you talking from experience with this particular model?
    What type of adaptor is required, as this motor only has a 2 pin plug (which is wierd for a multispeed motor) I had a look at the motors, couldn;t see anything different about them in regards to model/series or anything.
    Speaking of which, I can't even see a TRIAC on the PCB, just a solid state relay and some transformer thing.

http://i.imgur.com/KqQvU.jpg

Just thinking out aloud Paul, the motors you have removed. Have you tested their electrical resistance against a new one about to be fitted? Assuming both are at similar ambients when doing this check. Have you measured current draw on the new motors and voltage when they are running?
    Internal overload should have kicked in when motor ran too hot from either, wrong voltage, incorrect frequency, (as in 60 hz rated motor instead of 50 for Australia. South Korea is an example.) or possibly, your caps are not 370v or higher rated. Did any of the capacitors fail?
    Had a bad batch of spares once or twice, nearly did my head in .. Mike.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

o yes plenty of experience on lg the adaptor plug goes on the pcb and is a mod when fitting new type motor

hintech Guest

Smile Re: Any LG gurus out there?

Hi Paul_h, I'm not an LG guru. By the look at the fellow friends here saying that LG gives different version of the parts which resulted in not able to work. Why don't we replace a 2nd hand indoor fan coil with the spoil one?