Pimp my Husky Part 2

A year ago I successfully managed, with the help gathered here, to add an Eliwell IDPlus 961 Controller to my Husky Beer cooler and make a suitable environment for my reptile's hibernation; this environment is stable (+/- 1C) at around 5C which is perfect.

However, I would like to now add a fail safe... so that if the electronics were to fail in an always ON mode, such that the fridge were to never get sub-zero (0C) as this would mean certain death to the inhabitants.

Please could you point me at a cheap device that would 'trip' at a setting of 0C and subsequently just sit in alarm (audible) at that point indicating a malfunction; this would then just go in series with the power supply.

Thanks
    BfW

Re: Pimp my Husky Part 2

A simple thermostat set at 1degC to cut out on normally closed contact wired in series with compressor and an allarm signal to audio device will do the job. You could use an electronic TStat or mechanical. Could use auto reset on a rise in temp at required temp with a latch on alarm to indicate under temp has occured.

Re: Pimp my Husky Part 2

as tesla says- a mechanical stat wired in series will stop the cooling- the eliwell has an audible alarm for hi,low temps see attached id +961 manual
    https://rapidshare.com/files/3705954...US_GB_0109.pdf;