Help guys freezer room conversion to -1 cold room.....

Hi i have a freezer room but they want to convert it to a -1 cold room
    i know that its a low back pressure compressor and obviously it will be coming back higher if i just turn the temp up so.... if i fitted a crank case protector on the suction would that save my compressor, the condenser will get hotter aswell so maybe if i fit an extra fan on a stat so in hot weather it can bring it down any ideas people?

Re: Help guys freezer room conversion to -1 cold room.....

Your ideas would help the reconversion of your freezer but I cannot say they are correct without more information:

- A Crankcase pressure regulator will save your compressor, regulated to keep the pressure below the maximum pressure allowed for your compressor model.

- The condenser will get hotter only if you operate at higher pressures than previously. Before adding fans check if the system operates at acceptable high pressures at the maximum condition. If the temperature of the air entering the condenser minus the saturated temperature at the pressure measured at the exit of the condenser is more than 15°C then improve the condenser. It would be better to work around 10°C.

Depending on the compressor, refrigerant and working conditions you may end up spending (in your energy bill) more money than would cost the conversion to a more efficient system. This might not be good for you or any of us!

What refrigerant is it running on?

for example, if you use 404 and change to 134, it can work without adding a fan.
    You have to leave the defrosts as you work below 0C.
    evaporating temp will be around -10C.
    replace the TXV with a 134 one.

if its on r404a life will be easier just check comp is a lbp unit ifs its a frasscold or a maneurop it will do various temps if its a freezer it should have a cpr or a mop valve anyway where you are going to lose is the fact you aint going to get the subcooling you require to cool the comp due to the fact you are going to be running at minus one instead of minus 18 i would check range of comp first if its a carrier or a bitzer fit a quench valve to cool windings..... then advise the customer acordingly

hi
    i add to what the others mention you will have a humidity issue low humidity