Electrical cost of refrigeration equipement being installed in a new supermarket

Hey guys, in a new supermarket being built, do you know approximately whats the percentage of the total electrical cost of the building (lighting, heating,...) that could be attributed to the refrigeration equipements (cases, coldrooms, compressors, condensers,...) ?

I know that there is alot of circuits and wiring for the cases.

I not talking about energy consumption cause I know that the refrigeration consume a lot but about the share of the total electrical cost of the building they require to works. Any have an idea or references ?

Thanks.

Re: Electrical cost of refrigeration equipement being installed in a new supermarket

I would think that your refrigeration will be the largest proportion of electrical cost, the metering will include resistive and inductive loadings , or in general terms peak loading which is a multiplier on the power bill.

Re: Electrical cost of refrigeration equipement being installed in a new supermarket

It will vary, but anything between 50-90%.

from what i hear regulary refrigeration and a/c are 75% of your electricity bill in most shops

Ok thanks.

I know that the electricity consumption share of the refrigeration in a supermarket is recognized to be around 50 % more or less.

But, lets say, on the total electrical bill that would charge the electrician contrator to build a new supermarket which include electrical cost (panel, wiring, etc) for lightning, hvac, refrigeration, others, does the share attribued to refrigeration be around 50 % too of that total bill ?

Would it not tend be lower, since the refrigeration has to work 24 hours per day in a supermarket to keep the food cold ?

NO it won't be 50% of the installation cost, at an educated guess I would say more like 30%, with another 5-10% being HVAC. The essential and non essential light and power installations are quite extensive, all the display lighting, power for all non refrig fixtures, multiple switchboards, generator change over boards and associated wiring.
    ...and she said "give it to me you big fridgie"