Heat pump refrigerant circuit - bypass filter drier and liquid receiver in defrost

At the moment iīm building a diy heat pump - Itīs a compact unit (non split) and at the moment i design the refrigerant circuit for it.

Iīve looked at some manufacturers and they have bypassed the expansion valve and filter drier with a liquid line and check valve.

Does anybody know why?

Re: Heat pump refrigerant circuit - bypass filter drier and liquid receiver in defros

This is because of one-way TXV and filter drier.

Re: Heat pump refrigerant circuit - bypass filter drier and liquid receiver in defros

I saw it also with a biflow eev. did something happen when itīs going through the filter drier?

beispiel.jpg

But why they doing it?
    Itīs an full biflow eev and biflow filter drier

what is 13? Check valve?

Yes --- Danfoss NVR6 - Check valve

Its from an air water source heat pump

and what is flow direction? Up or down? It opend on cooling or on heating?

open direction is down / cooling (defrost)

If it is reversible unit (I mean it can work in heating and cooling mode), I dont know what is this. If it is heat pump with defrost, I can assume this is like capillary tube in frige, because filter-drier is after EXV. It is too high resistanse for liquid/gas mixture. In your case you dont need it. More important is liquid separator on suction line.

Hello Alex... i think itīs also different what type the heat pump is.

Reversible only for defrost and Reversible for heating and cooling?!

I saw also some example that there is a second valve is installed. But between is the liquid receiver and filter drier.

?!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexG View Post
    If it is reversible unit (I mean it can work in heating and cooling mode), I dont know what is this. If it is heat pump with defrost, I can assume this is like capillary tube in frige, because filter-drier is after EXV. It is too high resistanse for liquid/gas mixture. In your case you dont need it. More important is liquid separator on suction line.

If it is solenoid valve I can guess before defrost warm liquid is pushed to cold coil to start defrost before compressor start to improve defrosting. If u have piping schematic diagram of mentioned heat pump.